Sanjay Sanjay

I had bought a second hand AC from olx, the selling person has a business of buying and selling old Ac while selling he said if there is any defect he will take back the product and refund. But AC didn't work, after following up for a month he sent a mechanic whom I paid again for the installation but AC didn't work. I asked him to refund me only the AC price (12000) I paid him 7000 for installation. Now again it's been more than a month he hasn't removed AC he keeps ignoring, sometimes he says i will come tomorrow but never comes.
As for evidence, I have all the payment done number of times I called him and WhatsApp chat. But the biggest evidence is that he replaced the label on AC with a two year old different brand AC which I noticed only after paying him. Actually it is a very old AC.
I am thinking of filing a consumer complaint or police case. I have lost 19000 but will police or consumer forum will take it seriously?

Jayaditya Gupta

A.threaten him with a legal notice where you can ask your refund within a fixed prescribed period set by you. If he doesnt pay you the money that you invested in that product go for a consumer complaint. Moreover, you can also threaten him by saying that you are going to file a complaint before police for cheating, fraud..

A.Dear Sir
You may get issue a legal notice and threaten to approach consumer court.
Please give me RANK FIVE (5) if my answer satisfies you

Anurag Bhati

A.Yes you should report the matter to police for the fraud & cheating committed with you. You should have all payment receipt, and warranty if in written to make your complain more strong.
if it doesn't work you can file a case in consumer forum as well. for selling defected product.

A.1. you can serve him a legal notice through a lawyer to make a refund of the outstanding amount along with the interest,
2. if payment is not made despite service of the legal notice, you can file a consumer complaint as per the provision of latest amendments,
3. the consumer case can be filed from your place,
4. you can also claim appropriate compensation for causing mental agony & unfair trade practice

question iconWinzo gameing platform
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, winzo is a legal app so you cannot do much about it. You need to convince your husband not to use it much.
question iconSale of Holiday package using misleading promises
Sir you can hire a lawyer and complain for misrepresentation and fraud against the company and also get back the money you paid along with the compensation.
question iconE-commerce - I had ordered a product online
Sir since you shave the mail regarding the amount to be paid, you can show it to the authorities of the shopping site and clarify the matter. And if further the case is taken to the court you can easily show the receipt
question iconComplain against Flipcart on non delivery of products
Dear Sir, Yes, get issue legal notice and threaten to go to Consumer Court and claim compensation of Rs. 10 lakhs for such harassment.
question iconlaw on allowing husband in scan room
Dear client, There is not such law through which the doctor could have stopped the father of the child from coming into the room where the scan was happening. Thank you.