Q. Development of new product

Vivek Sharma

Q.Development of new product
Sir I have two questions.
1. I want to start a business with a new product. I have the whole concept clear but I dont have the technical expertise for that. So my plan is to register a company and contract with a prototype developing firm to develop the prototype. Is this possible to get a patent this way?
2. Can a product which is a new form of an existing product but performs important additional task be patented?

Thank you

A. ) Dear client, pl. follow/ comply with the advice of learned advocate colleagues. For details, pl. contact some advocaate through vidhikarya.com

Shailesh Kumar

A. ) Advice Chronologically:
1. You can patent your product but it should be new one but not be copy of any one or not it would be already patented or such types of patent be pending before the controller.
You should also take care of infringement against which there are specific laws to defend your invention from infringement.
2. Your product as given in your second query should be patent but its specification should be as according to be draft.

To know in detail you may contact with me getting my information from the site.

Shailesh Kumar
A High Court Lawyer

Swaroopa Desai

A. ) hi, you can patent only an "eligible"' invention. Ideas cannot be protected. However, you can form a company and later file the patent for your inventive concept if at all you don't risk yourself for its disclosure or otherwise the wiser way is to protect it ASAP being you as an inventor and Applicant and Assign the rights of Patent later to your company.
Yes, if the product is showing important characteristics which were not shown earlier and is non- obvious then certainly it can be patented. However, I may help you after reviewing the entire case. tks

Ashish K Dongre

A. ) It depends upon what is your idea, unless I don't get to know your idea I cannot comment on it but yes if you think it's unique and in a new form and perform important tasks then go for provisional patent and yes do it as a individual base/proprietary one as cost is much less campare to company.

A. ) Please contact any efficient Chartered Accountant.