90,000+ Legal Questions Answered

Locus standi of Regular employees Union to raise disputes of contract labour under I.D Act Locus standi of Regular employees Union to raise disputes of contract labour under I.D Act

3 years ago

There is a company called ABC Ltd, there are regular employees in that company, and there are also some contract labour in that company under XYZ Pvt Ltd. A Trade Union was registered with the name of "ABC Ltd Workers Union". The name of the Union is very clear that it is the Union of ABC Ltd Workers. But the said union has raised a dispute about the contract labour working under XYZ Pvt Ltd, who are employees or workers of XYZ Pvt. Ltd. Question : Whether the ABC Ltd Workers Union is having locus standi to raise the disputes of the employees of XYZ Pvt Ltd or not ?

If the employees of XYZ are members of the ABC trade union, then yes, they do have legal grounds to raise concerns and disputes about them.

question iconGratuity
Dear client, As per Gratuity act 1972 , an employee is eligible to receive the gratuity benefit for providing continuous services to their company for minimum of 5 years. As per judicial ruling by Mad...
question iconEarn leave balance not paid my employer upon resignation
Dear Client, if you worked for more than 10 years in your old bank and have accrued more than 100 earned leave (EL) days, you have a legal right to claim payment for these accrued leaves upon resignat...
question iconDual employment
Dear Client, When your EPF record shows an anomaly in the joining date and date of exit in more than one establishment, then until and unless the concerned employers rectify that anomaly/discrepancy,...
question iconWork related
Dear Client, You can request your employer for any privileges or amenities on the grounds of your adverse health condition but approval of such request solely depends upon the employer's discretion su...
question iconRelieving letter not releasing with exact date
Dear Client, It is important to serve the required notice period and adhere to the exit procedure to get the relieving letter and to avoid issues of PF overlapping. In case of overlapping, you have to...