ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1945)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (320)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (472)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1046)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1851)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2738)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Fraud

Placeholder image


posted 11 months ago

My colleague introduced me to his close friend who works with stock brokers and returns up to double the investment in a very short span of time 20-50 days. My colleague's younger brother and his friends had invested a lot of money and have been reaping benefits since last couple of months which I witnessed during a short visit to my colleague's younger brother's house. Hence I was convinced to invest and invested money. I was promised a return of 60% of the invested principal along with the principal in 3 weeks and money in my account by the 4th week. I was informed by my colleague at the end of the 3rd week that his friend is absconding with his wife and mother. Different investors are filing FIR consulting different lawyers. Please advice how to go about it to file a case.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 2 of 2 Responses

A. Dear Sir,

You may lodge police complaint and also file a civil suit on the basis of any documents which you have. In the civil suit you may claim for attachment of their properties if any on the first day of suit.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Lodge an FIR and only then u will be able to recover money if arrested as accused will surely offer money taken , in order to take bail.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Nirmal Chopra

Experience: 20 Year(s)

Responded 11 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us