Q.Right on Grand Father property

Q. Right on Grand Father property

Gopala Krishna

I am Hindu married female.My great grand father got land property,died in testate in 1980. My grandfather his brothers on succession partitioned the land in 2009,.My grandfather having self acquired property also died intestate in 2014.My grandmother died before in 2007.My father,his brother being successors enjoying properties jointly since 2014.My father,mother,brother,myself are our family. When I ask my share of ancestral properties,my father refused saying that my great-grandfather property lost ancestral characteristic due to division in 2009 and my grand father's property became absolute to him as self acquired and he being class 1 successor of my grand father,absolute rights lie on him alone during his life time .Is the stand of my father as per law. Please advise. Thanks for sparing your valuable time.

A. No. Your father is misguiding you.
You have to file a partition suit in the civil court to get your share in the ancestral property. the case will take time but you will get your share and in case you fear that he will sell the property you may get stay as well

Vimlesh Mishra

A. Dear Mam,
The contention of your father is not tenable in law or facts.
Things are changing in terms of LAW.
You can consult for a further advice in this regard.

Vedant Lakhotia

Whether your fathers stand is correct or not will be decided by the Court. If you are wish to have a share then get issue a legal notice and claim share. It will be prepared by me.

A. yes you have the right on ancestral property but not on your father's self acquired property. Moreover, if your grandfather has not willed or gifted the property to your father then he is not the sole owner of the property and neither self acquired.

NILANJAN CHATTERJEE