ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Right on Grand Father property
Administrative Law (456)
Adoption (122)
Advertising (53)
Animal Laws (40)
Arbitration and Mediation (40)
Aviation (15)
Banking (553)
Bankruptcy and Debt (182)
Cheque Bounce (405)
Child Custody (159)
Civil (2049)
Commercial (74)
Consumer Protection (573)
Contracts and Agreements (463)
Corporate and Incorporation (101)
Criminal (1608)
Customs, Excise (39)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (330)
Debt and Lending Agreement (79)
Debt Collection (164)
Divorce (567)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (308)
Domestic Violence (581)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1109)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1952)
Financial Markets and Services (93)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (268)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (55)
Insurance (75)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (106)
International Laws (12)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (611)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (61)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (15)
Motor Accident (137)
Muslim Laws (60)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (60)
Police Laws (64)
Power of Attorney (75)
Privacy (92)
Property (2874)
Real Estate (405)
Registration (137)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (139)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (26)
Tax-Property Tax (31)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (22)
Transportation (59)
Trust and Society (NGO) (83)
Will (142)
Work Permits (33)

Q. Right on Grand Father property

Placeholder image

Gopala Krishna

posted 11 months ago

I am Hindu married female.My great grand father got land property,died in testate in 1980. My grandfather his brothers on succession partitioned the land in 2009,.My grandfather having self acquired property also died intestate in 2014.My grandmother died before in 2007.My father,his brother being successors enjoying properties jointly since 2014.My father,mother,brother,myself are our family. When I ask my share of ancestral properties,my father refused saying that my great-grandfather property lost ancestral characteristic due to division in 2009 and my grand father's property became absolute to him as self acquired and he being class 1 successor of my grand father,absolute rights lie on him alone during his life time .Is the stand of my father as per law. Please advise. Thanks for sparing your valuable time.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. No. Your father is misguiding you.
You have to file a partition suit in the civil court to get your share in the ancestral property. the case will take time but you will get your share and in case you fear that he will sell the property you may get stay as well

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Vimlesh Mishra

Experience: 26 Year(s)

Responded 11 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir,
Whether your fathers stand is correct or not will be decided by the Court. If you are wish to have a share then get issue a legal notice and claim share. It will be prepared by me.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. yes you have the right on ancestral property but not on your father's self acquired property. Moreover, if your grandfather has not willed or gifted the property to your father then he is not the sole owner of the property and neither self acquired.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon


Experience: 5 Year(s)

Responded 11 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us