Q.Delay in reporting accident to insurance co

Q. Delay in reporting accident to insurance co

Sreeshant Madhavan

Sir, I met with an accident May 13th, but was not in a psychological condition to even think of the event. While the FIR and related documents were filed, I did not intimate the insurance co. Further, during the accident, the original RC was lost and as per process, the Police have impounded my license. (The policy stipulates that I file the ORIGINAL RC and License for verification purposes).
In short, I am delayed, and I only have photocopies of the RC, driving license and the Police FIR. Can you please advise me on what I should do.
Many Thanks

A. No issure if you lost the original. Insurance company verify your details from the concerned authorities and no need to panic about delay. Court may condone the delay on genuine ground

GANESH SHARMA

A. Dear Mr Madhavan,
Delay may be condonned. First of all you need to file your claim with insurance company and let the insurance company reply on claim . If not admitted you may move to District consumer forum/ state commission if the value of claim is over Rs 20 lacs.
Your claim can not be denied on this ground.

Vimlesh Mishra

A. You can apply for duplicate RC. Call me.

A. U will get attested copy of FIR from police station and apply for duplicate copy of RC.insurance copy shall have to accept them.if they deny ur claim, give a legal notice to the insurance company.

Nirmal Chopra