ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.First party car Insurance
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1938)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (544)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (543)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1844)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (253)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2731)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (133)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. First party car Insurance

Placeholder image

Suraj Machaiah

posted 10 months ago

I planned to sell my car as I wanted to buy a new one hence this was listed on OLX . I did find a buyer who agreed to pay 4.25lakhs for the car on a mutual agreement .The buyer agreed to pay 1 lakh on advance and the rest of the money after i give him all the transfer docs.I had to get the NOC from Madikeri RTO and the hypothication cancelled ,while waiting for the RTO transfer docs unfortunately my car met with an accident and the car was being driven by the buyers brother around April 12th. Now I have given a complete explanation to the claim officer at hdfc ergo who said I may not get the complete idv value of the car and might get only 70% of the idv. I am extremely dissatisfied with the time taken by hdfc and also the with the settlement amount that has been advised by the claim officer. Please let me know if I can take any action on hdfc .
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 4 of 4 Responses

A. Get issue legal notice

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. If you are not satisfied with the claim amount yiu may approach the consumer forum for this.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Mohd Imran

Experience: 4 Year(s)

Responded 10 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. You are into a complex situation and any dispute will be not in your interest & claim as there are many issues & situation once a dispute is made the claim may be not be settled till disposal of the case.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Ambrose Leo

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 10 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. File a suit against the bank at consumer forum.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon


Experience: 5 Year(s)

Responded 10 months ago

View All Answers
View {{count[3]}} Reply
Placeholder image

Suraj Machaiah

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Replied 10 months ago

Hi Nilanjan,

Are u sure we can do that ?? Because a couple of them has advised it is a complexed situation and it may not go in my favour however the question I have for you is the bank should have some clause on this mentioned in the insurance copy right ??

Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us