Q. Royal sunderam genral insurance

Anonymous

Q.Royal sunderam genral insurance
I am holding medclaim policy of royal sunderam genral insurance since past 10 years and paying regular paying primum every year .
Mediclaim Insurance is rs.100000x4.member premium around 6300 to 7000.per annam.
Recently the mediclaim policy convert in to mediclaim flooter policy and priuem is 17369.for the same benifit and pre exicting dicese not included .
When i enquire about this policy they are saying that this is nott flooter policy {n)y the name is changed and benifit is only 1 lakh only insted all sumx4.
Unforunatly i rewive premium is pais before due date .when i came to know above detail i ask insurar to cancelled my policy and refund our primumeto original payment gatway .sevral reminder sent to cancel po)icy and refund my payment tey did n{t b{ther and not replaying the graviance nor refund my amount .
I also said iwill p|oceed for legal action .
Hence i need you opinioun a# well as further instruction for proceding recovery amount
Sharad shah
09391228000
Hyderabad.

A. ) You may not received any claim also and the have paid premium on the advice of the company. Verify the policy terms & conditions and refund of premium clauses. Issue legal notice and lodge claim before Ombudsman and also can file before consumer forum, you can also file civil & criminal cases as the case may be to exercise your premium refund.

Ramalingaiah Mulakatte

A. ) Check your insurance policy for conditions. Issue legal notice. Approach the ombudsman. If not resolved, then file consumer complaint in appropriate forum having jurisdiction.

Johnson Thangiah

A. ) Sir,
First take legal steps against the policy and fit case for consumer law consult local lawyer.

Manjula Shanmugasundaram

A. ) Definitely you can take legal action. However, it is necessary to go through the insurance agreements first. You can approach the ombudsman and also file a case before the consumer forum.