Q. HARRASSMENT

Anonymous

question iconHARRASSMENT

At october 2020 i've sold my car to the new purchaser and car was having traffic challan of 8200( which was violated by the owner from which i had purchased). At the time of selling in the agreement i've clearly wrote that the vehicle is sold on 'As is where is basis' and on 'whatever it is basis' and no complaint on whatsoevr and whatever manner shall be entertained further & No Claims, refunds, any payment on whatsoever manner from Seller/Purchaser will not be entertained. In which he had signed and put his thumb impressions too and and that time he wasn't objectifying the issue. Now he used to call me , chat and harrases me that i should pay that challans otherwise he will fight

Ankur Goel @ Complete Law Shield

Ankur Goel @ Complete Law Shield

A.let him fight.

it was his responsibility to check for pending challans.

You cannot escape the legal liability by including as is where is basis on the agreement. The challan was issued to you. You need to clear challan. Otherwise, you would be liable for misrepresentation of facts. You cannot escape legal liability on technical grounds.
If you like my answer, please rate me.

A.Hey,
If you had hidden the information about the challan at the time of selling of car then its misrepresentation of facts and its ground for contract to void between the party. You should pay the challan or sit with purchaser and settle matter amicably.

If you find my answer useful, please rate my answer. Thank you

Abhimanyu  Shandilya

A.See usually when we "As is where is basis' we mean the physical condition of the artifact/good to be transacted or sold and not the conditional or qualified conditions like which cannot be comprehended or fathomed at the time of transaction. So, while doing a transaction it has to be mentioned specifically that including any challan and taxes. if it was mentioned that way then you are not liable any more to him.

question iconMy Company Deducting Gratuity on CTC not on Basic
Hope your HR might have explained every thing during joining formalities of the employment. CTC = Cost to the company for payment of gratuity the computation is done on Basic. Pls read your complaint properly employer might have kept reserve for your gratuity which is payable only on exit of employment ( but should have completed 5 years of service )
question iconSale of two wheeler
See if the transfer and change of ownership does not get recorded with the RTO then in case of any misadventure, accident or illegal activity involving the bike you shall be held responsible for the same. Try to reach out to the buyer and settle it immediately, In case he is not reachable and then file a GD in the local police station so that you can remain safe.
question iconBought plot from someone who sold a plot which has no road in that
Hello Sir / Ma'am It's your right to have a road ro your property. And if there is not you could ask for it from your neighbouring lands. Also you could file a suit against the seller for selling a property having no road. Thanks Please rate if you find this advice helpful.
question iconCheating in farm land selling procedure
Dear Sir, File suit for specific performance.
question iconVEHICLE TRANSFER RELATED
I think it can be as RTO needs a proof of residence and many foreigners do possess vehicles and driving license in India. Just visit the RTO and find out the process. Don't forget to transfer the vehicle completely in his name and get in entered in RTO as well otherwise in case of any accident or crime your name will be called in the FIR.

7604047602