Q. Claim against giftdeed property

Anonymous

Q.Claim against giftdeed property
I had bought a land with my own money in 1990 and registed with my father name and signed by me.In 2010 my father give the property to my only younger brother and registed as giftdeed without my permission.How can i claim against this property and my child has right to claim on it?

Prabhakara S K Shetty

A. ) if you can show by evidence and documents that you have funded the whole amount of this property though it was registered in your father`s name, you have a quite good chance of claiming the property for yourself or for your child.

Advocate B. Srikiran

A. ) No. You cannot claim this property and your child also has no right to claim his share in this property as once the property is registered on your father's name, the property becomes your father's self acquired property and your father has the absolute right to sell or gift his property to any one he wishes to without your permission.

Ramalingaiah Mulakatte

A. ) Property is owned by your father as per records and it's become his self acquired property and he gifted it away. Though you signed the agreement you had signed for and on behalf of your father. You lost your right if any. Give notice to your father and brother and file a civil suit claiming your right title and interest and pursue the case. Take legal assistance from a local advocate.

Rajeev RJ

A. ) If the property is in your name your father cannot transfer the right.to your brother. Further if purchase the property in your father name then you need to prove the same.

Regards

Rajeev
RJ Associates
Kerala