ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Marriage Certificate
Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (521)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1950)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1523)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (322)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (475)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1049)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1857)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2743)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Marriage Certificate

Placeholder image


posted 10 months ago

I recently got married in Hyderabad and registered it. The marriage certificate does has two fields (blanks) for my spouse name stating that, Venkatesh Penchala is married to Harini Sherry (before marriage), Harini Penchala(after marriage). But we did not ask him to change the name and don't want to change it either. He just gave this certificate. Is this a problem? If so can we change the name?
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 1 of 1 Responses

A. I presume that your maiden name is noted as name before marriage and name after marriage must be shown as your married name.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Ramalingaiah Mulakatte

Experience: 30 Year(s)

Responded 10 months ago

View All Answers
View {{count[0]}} Reply
Placeholder image


Replied 10 months ago

True. Will that create any problem? Is my name officially changed? I mean now Do I need to change name in all the documents like passport, 10th class and so on?

Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us