Q. Restriction regarding pet dogs in govt. quaters in residential school.

Reema Yadav

question iconRestriction regarding pet dogs in govt. quaters in residential school.

I have a dog and i live in govt. quater which is inside the campus where many students also lived in hostel in the campus . Basically, i work on this goverment residential school. According to my organisation nobody allow to kept dogs/pets in the quater. Is such kind of rules is valid/legal after the law of Pet dogs and Street dog passed by AWBI in 20th feb 2014.My dog is fully vaccinated and organised.

If your dog is not dangerous and you undertake to safeguard all the inmates of the hostel then you may be allowed. It is not exclusive residential place but it is situated within hostel premises as such the Courts may not approve you to keep a domestic animal like dog. Please understand the situation and mentality of several students and thought of your administration otherwise you will be penalized in other known ways by the Management and you will be in dangerous situation.

Rate me Five Star*

You can approach the court. Ban of pets is illegal and Section 9(k) Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act,1960’, makes it illegal for housing societies to pass pet bye laws that disallow pet. According to article 51 A (g), it is the duty of every citizen to have compassion for animals and any living creature.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

You can approach the court. That type of restriction is not logical as According to article 51 A (g), it is the duty of every citizen to have compassion for animals and any living creature. If you wish to bring your pet you should get an option for that as well or else they have to mention the exact reason why such a ban should be there and that should be a reasonable one too.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

Abhimanyu  Shandilya

A.As per the Animal Welfare Board of India's guidelines on Street and Pet dogs no residential association can ban the keeping of pets/dogs in a residential flat or apartments and they cannot make such rules to ban pets.
It is also important that the pet keepers will have to follow certain rules to ensure other's safety and peace.

question iconStray cats menace in apartment
Dear client, Generally Indian law is way too much sensitive when it comes to animals i.e. dog / cats in housing societies. RWAs cannot ask for the removal or dislocation of street dogs and neither can they levy fines on the owners of dogs/cats. They can only request for their sterilization and vaccination, so that their population growth is curbed, as per the Animal Birth Control Rules 2001, drafted under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act of India. Thank you.
question iconWhat can I do if someone has told my neighbour that he will shoot my dog dead?
Hi, The killing of an animal by any method is illegal and is a cognizable offense under Sec 11 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act, 1960, and Sec 428 of the Indian Penal Code. These laws provide for lodging of police complaints and filing of FIRs in such cases. Please rate my answer Thank You
question iconIs any organisation have authority to prohibits pets in govt. quarters such as central govt.
Hi, Pets are allowed in almost all the government quarters and the only condition is that you have to take care of that without letting it cause any disturbance for others. You have the complete responsibility. Please rate my answer Thank You
question iconGave a two months female puppy. My question is there any legal way to take the puppy back?
If there is no paper work done in that respect and all the medical vaccination reports, certificates etc of the puppy low with you I don't think there should be a problem legally. But as much as I am aware emotionally puppies become attached to the people with whom they are used to live for certain time so psychologically this might disturb the puppy she will have to again adjust in new atmosphere so you just think as seven months is a long time from perspective of a dog. Anyhow you may go ahead if you have a good reason to do so for the betterment of your puppy but it would be better if you claim you puppy back with amicable solution as much possible. Thank you. If you have found the answer helpful than please provide review and give***** as appreciation.
question iconDog permission in government quarter
Hi, Yes it should be allowed. There is no law which debars keeping pet in the private space. You do not need a permission to keep a dog in the closed quarter, as it would be your private space, until you are in possession of the quarter. If you like my answer, please rate me.

7604047602