Q. Can i claim a property if i am a adopted son without paperss

Anonymous

question iconCan i claim a property if i am a adopted son without paperss

My uncle adopted us in the year of 1962 but this was not done on papers, and my mother was devdasi(unmarried). so, he allowed his name to be used as my father in school leaving certificate,markscard,aadhar card,voting card as well. Now he is no more and no Will was prepared by him. My question is how can I claim the property since there no 1st class legal heirs of my uncle but cousins are trying to take the property

Sidhaarth

Sidhaarth

A.All the documents as stated by you are sufficient to establish that you are adopted son of your uncle so being legal heir you can claim over the property left by uncle. File case for succession certificate.

Since he had died intestate, you are entitled for his property as per Hindu succession act. You can file a case in the court if there is such a dispute in the said property. You can get further advice in this issue by contacting a lawyer.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

You are entitled for his property. You can file a case in the court if there is such dispute and since he died intestate, you will get property according to the personal laws which he is abide by.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

Advocate Sinjari  Bandyopadhyaya

Advocate Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya

A.On the basis of your identity proofs, you can claim yourself as his son and can apply for Legal Heir Certificate by furnishing necessary declaration along with documentary proofs. That Legal Heir Certificate is essential for mutating your name in the Record of Rights in the place and stead of that deceased person.

question iconAdoption requirement
Hi, Yes, it is legally feasible to adopt a newborn as per the guidelines of CARA if you are fulfilling the criteria set for adoptive parents (mentally sound, collective age of minimum 90 years, consent, financially capable, etc.). If you like this response, please rate us. Thank you.
question iconSurrogacy in india for single men
Until sometime back there was no law or rules to regulate the single male surrogacy to become father and hence few like Tushar Kapoor and Karan Johar have become fathers without breaking any law. But a new law is being formulated and bill has been tabled in the Parliament prohibiting this. Until the bill becomes the law you can take advantage of the same and be a father this way. For more details you can reach out to a lawyer and get proper guidance.
question iconSingle father adoption
On adhar card the name of father is mentioned. In form there is column of mother also if she is single mother or us divorcee. So in case of adoption by single father the name of single father would be mentioned on adhar card of child.
question iconAdoption without proper legal procedure
Yes the child can claim property of his adoptive parents after their death.those documents are vital to proof your legal adoption... Questions? 1.Is it a Hindu Family? 2.Are you the only child (son) 3.Are You a major(18 years)? Things to be aware and careful at the time of claiming property. 1.Any other child apart from you./siblings 2. Any WILL in the name of any person.
question iconCan adoption be cancelled?
Hi, If the adoption has been done by complying to all legal requirements, then the adoption cannot be cancelled. Valid adoption in India cannot be cancelled under any circumstances. If you like my answer, please rate me.

7604047602