Q. Forging will and then claim ancestor property as legal heir

Ajay V

question iconForging will and then claim ancestor property as legal heir

If one manages to obtain land khatha's of ancestors based on forged will in which he declared himself as foster son and then claims that he got it as a legal heir, is it acceptable legally?

A.If the forging of will can be proved, legal recourse lies for the same. However, as a general rule, an adopted son can claim property of the adoptive father under Hindu law, just as a biological son can. If you find the answer helpful, please rate me.

Advocate Sinjari  Bandyopadhyaya

Advocate Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya

A.It is necessary to scrutinize that Will as well as such declaration to give opinion in this regard considering the legal perspective. It is also necessary to know if it is assumed that the Will is forged then whether any legal step has been taken or not.

question iconWill- property document number typed wrongly
Hi, When you submit the will for execution in Court, the Court can directly modify wills on the basis of external evidence in order to rectify the will. So, it is possible for your family to rectify the error by approaching the court. If you like this response, please rate us. Thank you.
Hi, A forged will is illegal and any transfers that have happened based on such a will is illegal and void. Claims of a legal heir based on a forged will is misrepresentation and fraud. Forging of documents is a criminal offence under section 465 of the IPC. A case can be filed against such an individual for cheating, fraud, misrepresentation and forgery. If you like my answer, please rate me.
question iconWitness to Will in India
If any of them( married couple) is the beneficiary of that Will,then they cannot be the Witness/es of that Will. Atleast one witness of the Will is required to be a Doctor . Please take note that at the time of taking probate of the Will, Witnesses will have to adduce evidence so it is necessary to keep the said fact in mind while selecting the attesting witnesses of that Will.
question iconCLAIMING NORMAL SUCCSESSION POST FIRST ABSOLUTE BEQUATH THROUGH WILL
It is necessary to scrutinize that Will as a whole for its scope,meaning and effect along with relevant fact of the case. Please take note if you are willing to challenge that Will,then it is extremely necessary on your part to proceed on the basis of proper legal opinion.
question iconJudge asking for Legal Heir Certificate for childless widow
Dear Sir, Your mother can file an affidavit declaring family of her parents and showing everybody as deceased and at last she must disclose herself as surviving sole legal heir of your aunt. Thus, you may convince the Judge about the relationship and also the execution of Will. Rate me Five Star*

7604047602
505-A, Terminus Building,
Newtown, Action Area I,
Kolkata 700156