Q. Surrogacy in india for single men

Anonymous

question iconSurrogacy in india for single men

I am a single male citizen of India, I am looking forward to starting my family as a single father by opting surrogacy program for single male.
I have come across various doctors and agencies, who are prepared to assist me with it, so I'm confident that it is medically feasible.

However, given Indian legislation, I'm not sure if becoming the child's legal parent is possible. Do you believe there is a provision or paperwork in place so that if the child is born through a single male surrogacy program, my name will appear on all of the child's records as a father, beginning with the birth certificate, aadhar card, and passport?

Abhimanyu  Shandilya

A.Until sometime back there was no law or rules to regulate the single male surrogacy to become father and hence few like Tushar Kapoor and Karan Johar have become fathers without breaking any law. But a new law is being formulated and bill has been tabled in the Parliament prohibiting this. Until the bill becomes the law you can take advantage of the same and be a father this way. For more details you can reach out to a lawyer and get proper guidance.

question iconAdoption requirement
Hi, Yes, it is legally feasible to adopt a newborn as per the guidelines of CARA if you are fulfilling the criteria set for adoptive parents (mentally sound, collective age of minimum 90 years, consent, financially capable, etc.). If you like this response, please rate us. Thank you.
question iconSingle father adoption
On adhar card the name of father is mentioned. In form there is column of mother also if she is single mother or us divorcee. So in case of adoption by single father the name of single father would be mentioned on adhar card of child.
question iconCan i claim a property if i am a adopted son without paperss
On the basis of your identity proofs, you can claim yourself as his son and can apply for Legal Heir Certificate by furnishing necessary declaration along with documentary proofs. That Legal Heir Certificate is essential for mutating your name in the Record of Rights in the place and stead of that deceased person.
question iconAdoption without proper legal procedure
Yes the child can claim property of his adoptive parents after their death.those documents are vital to proof your legal adoption... Questions? 1.Is it a Hindu Family? 2.Are you the only child (son) 3.Are You a major(18 years)? Things to be aware and careful at the time of claiming property. 1.Any other child apart from you./siblings 2. Any WILL in the name of any person.
question iconCan adoption be cancelled?
Hi, If the adoption has been done by complying to all legal requirements, then the adoption cannot be cancelled. Valid adoption in India cannot be cancelled under any circumstances. If you like my answer, please rate me.

7604047602