Q. What can I do if someone has told my neighbour that he will shoot my dog dead?

Anonymous

question iconWhat can I do if someone has told my neighbour that he will shoot my dog dead?

My neighbour has informed me that another neighbour has told her that he will shoot my dog dead if he sees my dog roaming in the neighborhood. Now since the person has not told me directly I cannot confront him. It will be too late if he shoots my dog dead. His justification for shooting my dog will that the community/colony authority has given a notification that dogs will be shot dead if found roaming.( The colony authority has already given an official notification that they will shoot dogs but has not mentioned who will do the shooting. But it's assumed that the authority will appoint some particular youth to do the shooting) So what can I do, legally, before someone shoots my dog dead?

You just go to the Police Station and lodge a complaint in writing and police take stock of situation and warn him.

Vaidehi  Samant

Vaidehi Samant

A.Firstly protect your dog by preventing him from roaming in someone else's premises or his/her premises outer area and secondly if you feel that person actually is of that temperament that he can indulge into such dangerous act or even otherwise irrespective of that as a precautionary measure you may file an FIR against that person or atleast an N.C. in the police station but you will require to take your neighbour along who informed you regarding this for witness as it was not told to you directly. Thank you.
If you have found the answer helpful than please provide review and give ***** as appreciation.

The killing of an animal by any method is illegal and is a cognizable offense under Sec 11 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act, 1960, and Sec 428 of the Indian Penal Code. These laws provide for lodging of police complaints and filing of FIRs in such cases.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

question iconStray cats menace in apartment
Dear client, Generally Indian law is way too much sensitive when it comes to animals i.e. dog / cats in housing societies. RWAs cannot ask for the removal or dislocation of street dogs and neither can they levy fines on the owners of dogs/cats. They can only request for their sterilization and vaccination, so that their population growth is curbed, as per the Animal Birth Control Rules 2001, drafted under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act of India. Thank you.
question iconRestriction regarding pet dogs in govt. quaters in residential school.
As per the Animal Welfare Board of India's guidelines on Street and Pet dogs no residential association can ban the keeping of pets/dogs in a residential flat or apartments and they cannot make such rules to ban pets. It is also important that the pet keepers will have to follow certain rules to ensure other's safety and peace.
question iconIs any organisation have authority to prohibits pets in govt. quarters such as central govt.
Hi, Pets are allowed in almost all the government quarters and the only condition is that you have to take care of that without letting it cause any disturbance for others. You have the complete responsibility. Please rate my answer Thank You
question iconGave a two months female puppy. My question is there any legal way to take the puppy back?
If there is no paper work done in that respect and all the medical vaccination reports, certificates etc of the puppy low with you I don't think there should be a problem legally. But as much as I am aware emotionally puppies become attached to the people with whom they are used to live for certain time so psychologically this might disturb the puppy she will have to again adjust in new atmosphere so you just think as seven months is a long time from perspective of a dog. Anyhow you may go ahead if you have a good reason to do so for the betterment of your puppy but it would be better if you claim you puppy back with amicable solution as much possible. Thank you. If you have found the answer helpful than please provide review and give***** as appreciation.
question iconDog permission in government quarter
Hi, Yes it should be allowed. There is no law which debars keeping pet in the private space. You do not need a permission to keep a dog in the closed quarter, as it would be your private space, until you are in possession of the quarter. If you like my answer, please rate me.

7604047602