Q. Domestic Violence

Anonymous

question iconDomestic Violence

I have been married for almost 3 yrs now. I don't have a kid. My husband has physically assaulted me many times. On one occasion he hit me while I was driving the car. He pulled the handbrake right in the middle of a busy highway and punched me in the face and ran away.
He also calls me kaamchor. I'm a working working woman and I try to manage as much as I can. My husband doesn't reveal his income. He doesn't earn much. He says business has ups and downs. He asks me to share each and everything that we buy for the house. He asks me to buy expensive gadgets for him. He asks me to pay for the things he has already bought before I came to the house. He doesn't give me any money at all. He threatens to leave me penniless if I try to argue/ not accept his demands.He recently punched me on my face. When I told this to my mother in law, she says that we both are equal in her eyes and we both fight. When I try to voice my opinion or try to tell her that he is fighting then she calls me psycho and asks me if I'm menstruating.She always tries to gaslight me. Even my husband says the same now .
I told my father and mother in law about the recent case where he punched me on my face. She asked my father to come and discuss ( 2 different states). She told him that it is their matter let the husband wife deal with it. Also she told my father that even your daughter has done so many things that I will discuss when you come.
I got to know from someone that my husband's father had schizophrenia. They hid this from me. I confronted my husband after two years. I feel that he has inherited this mental disorder.
I ran away from my married house and came to my parents house on emergency basis for 4 days after informing my company. My father is not supporting me, he is ready to talk to my in laws . What should I do . I don't want to stay there at all. As I feel my whole life is in danger

As this is a clear case of domestic violence, you need to first file a complaint at the police station. Secondly, you can apply for a divorce on the basis of mental and physical cruelty with mainenance.
Thank you

A.Dear Madam,
You have merited case and you can file multiple cases against him to bring him to compromise. Further you can file maintenance case immediately.

I could have explained more if background is known to me.

Please give me FIVE STAR if satisfied by my answers .

Advocate Sinjari  Bandyopadhyaya

Advocate Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya

A.It is necessary on your part to lodge FIR against your husband u/s 498A of IPC ,1860, as amended up to date, for mental and physical torture and cruelty exercised upon you along with domestic violence and on proof he shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years and with fine.

You can file a complaint for Domestic Violence under the concerned act and file for Divorce. You should consult a lawyer for the same. Let us know if you require any further clarifications.
Thank you!

question iconi got an sms on my mothers number staing pwdva appln
Dear client, it is recommended for you to hire a lawyer as those sections of the act does not confer with the offences or their relation. Note that domestic violence cases are cognizable in nature so you can not settle out of court when the case has already been filed. If the summons stage is not over then send a reply notice and approach the court to avoid an ex parte order. Thank you
question iconMental abuse,Mental torture,
Dear Client, There are no direct laws which can be used in such scenario. You can file a complaint to police under Section 425- Mischief of IPC to seek some relief from these rude and asocial behaviour.
question iconMental Harassment
You are entitled to lodge FIR against your husband in the local police station u/s 498A of IPC,1860, as amended up to date for the mental torture and cruelty exercised upon you by your husband. On proof he shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years and with fine.
question iconHow to get a bail
Dear client, He can file for bail for the arrest warrant issued and this is possibly the only way out as of now. You can get depending on the judge but if you show the desperate situation of your mother then it can be granted as soon as possible. Thank you.
question iconcase referalls
Dear Client, There is no law prohibiting you from doing this. So, you can use it if you wish but usually ongoing cases will not be accepted as the case is still running and it can affect the final decree of the current case. Thank you. Have a nice day.

7604047602