Q. Appeal/revision for interim order in DV act

Deepanchakravarthy Thangavel

question iconAppeal/revision for interim order in DV act

Sir/Madam, Iam gonna file for appeal against interim maintenance order (12,500/month) granted in DV act-2005.
Pls suggest the section to be used - my advocate & court sherishtadar saying in case to challenge the final DV order, I have file appeal “CRA” u/s 29 of DV act , but now to challenge for interim orders in CMP under DV act has to be file for revision petition under “CRL RC” in district appellate court.
Whereas most of the judgments in websites says appeal u/s 29 of DV act to challenge any interim maintenance order.
Pls clarify, whether I have to file APPEAL or REVISION petition to challenge interim order in DV act.

You have to consult the court/consumer forum staff to know exact sections to be mentioned.

I could have explained more if background is known to me.

Please give me FIVE STAR if satisfied by my answers.

It is recommended to file an appeal for challenging the final domestic violence order. This is disputed as some courts are of the view that the decision of an interim application does not decide the rights and liabilities of the parties so it cannot be considered to be a final order so as to give rights to the parties to move a revision petition. Therefore, in terms of being on the safer side, appeal the order.
Thank you.

Advocate Sinjari  Bandyopadhyaya

Advocate Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya

A.In the instant matter if the interim maintenance was sought by your wife under Section 23 of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, then being governed by the provisions of Cr.PC, any order passed under the same would be subject to Revision.

question iconi got an sms on my mothers number staing pwdva appln
Dear client, it is recommended for you to hire a lawyer as those sections of the act does not confer with the offences or their relation. Note that domestic violence cases are cognizable in nature so you can not settle out of court when the case has already been filed. If the summons stage is not over then send a reply notice and approach the court to avoid an ex parte order. Thank you
question iconMental abuse,Mental torture,
Dear Client, There are no direct laws which can be used in such scenario. You can file a complaint to police under Section 425- Mischief of IPC to seek some relief from these rude and asocial behaviour.
question iconMental Harassment
You are entitled to lodge FIR against your husband in the local police station u/s 498A of IPC,1860, as amended up to date for the mental torture and cruelty exercised upon you by your husband. On proof he shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years and with fine.
question iconHow to get a bail
Dear client, He can file for bail for the arrest warrant issued and this is possibly the only way out as of now. You can get depending on the judge but if you show the desperate situation of your mother then it can be granted as soon as possible. Thank you.
question iconcase referalls
Dear Client, There is no law prohibiting you from doing this. So, you can use it if you wish but usually ongoing cases will not be accepted as the case is still running and it can affect the final decree of the current case. Thank you. Have a nice day.

7604047602