Q. Property damage within restaurants

Anonymous

question iconProperty damage within restaurants

A went to a bar with B and both were inebriated and B accidentally knocked a TV that was placed right over the table which caused damages. After settlement of the bill, the manager stated that it would cost an additional Rs.10,000 which were subsequently paid by A in order to ensure a final settlement and avoid any further legal proceedings. Can the establishment pursue further damages or will the agreed-upon settlement be considered full and final?

Payment of Rs.10,000/- is final settlement and the restaurant cannot claim over and above it.

I could have explained more if background is known to me. If background is made known in full then legal experts will be in position to understand correctly. Moreso, the background must be in brief.

Please give me FIVE STAR if satisfied by my answers.

A.Dear client,
If the restaurant has claimed that it is a final settlement then it should be the full and final amount. Even if they proceed with legal proceedings, you can approach the court with this settlement as proof to quash the proceedings.
Thank you

question iconChallaned / Clamped My Vehicle even when i was present
Dear client, They may still take action even if the owner/driver is present at that time. Usually, they would ask you to change the location of the vehicle instead of penalizing you but some authorities may be more harsh while imposing rules/punishments. Thank you.
question iconmaking fraud and not giving service as they promissed
Dear client, You can try and take them to consumer court but it will depend upon the circumstances. If they concretely promised to give you all those things and provided some sort of document or legal promise that they would provide you with all those things then your claim may invoke legal action. However, if they kept exaggerating such offers in the name of increasing sales and did not provide any such guarantee then it will depend. For the time being, you can try and take them to consumer court. If there are a lot of such victims to their fraud then you all may collectively file a case against them. Thank you.
question iconTV not repaired under warrenty
Dear client, You can send them a legal notice stating the grievance you have faced and also file a suit soon if the issue is not sorted out within a week. If they do not cooperate with the notice then you can file a suit against them Thank you
question iconCollege Fees
Dear Client you question is not clear. What do you mean by no notice of recovery? Please elaborate this then only a lawyer will be able to suggest or advise a course of action on it. You can repost the question after elaborating it.
question iconRegarding failure to do onsite service as promised
You can send them a legal notice to recover your losses and also seek compensation from them. If they fail to do so then you can also move the consumer forum to get all that you desire to get from them. Yes going legal against them will take its own time but you will have the justice done.

7604047602