Q. Need to know case status

Rajasekaran Raman

question iconNeed to know case status

I am being separated for last 5 years, my x filed a domestic violence case and I am not aware of it. I haven't got any court notices. But while checking the status, it's showing as exparte evidence.

Case status showing as uncontested allowed, kindly suggest whether it means divorce has been granted.

A.Dear client,
ex parte evidence means that the case has been progressing without you and it is currently at an evidence stage. Also, as it is about the domestic violence case, it only deals with it. Thus, no divorce has been granted.
Thank you

Advocate Sinjari  Bandyopadhyaya

Advocate Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya

A.If you did not get any notice from Court,then how do you know the matter number of such domestic violence case? It is necessary to know what is the prayer of your wife in that case. Domestic violence case doesn't give divorce.

question iconi got an sms on my mothers number staing pwdva appln
Dear client, it is recommended for you to hire a lawyer as those sections of the act does not confer with the offences or their relation. Note that domestic violence cases are cognizable in nature so you can not settle out of court when the case has already been filed. If the summons stage is not over then send a reply notice and approach the court to avoid an ex parte order. Thank you
question iconMental abuse,Mental torture,
Dear Client, There are no direct laws which can be used in such scenario. You can file a complaint to police under Section 425- Mischief of IPC to seek some relief from these rude and asocial behaviour.
question iconMental Harassment
You are entitled to lodge FIR against your husband in the local police station u/s 498A of IPC,1860, as amended up to date for the mental torture and cruelty exercised upon you by your husband. On proof he shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years and with fine.
question iconHow to get a bail
Dear client, He can file for bail for the arrest warrant issued and this is possibly the only way out as of now. You can get depending on the judge but if you show the desperate situation of your mother then it can be granted as soon as possible. Thank you.
question iconcase referalls
Dear Client, There is no law prohibiting you from doing this. So, you can use it if you wish but usually ongoing cases will not be accepted as the case is still running and it can affect the final decree of the current case. Thank you. Have a nice day.

7604047602