Q. Right of married lady or her daughters if property they live is in name of mother in law

Aditi Kataria

Q.Right of married lady or her daughters if property they live is in name of mother in law
Sir I am 39 years old working female . Me and my house along with my daughters and mother in law live in a house which is in name of of my mother in law. Since some time she keep on treating me to disown my husband from her single property and to leave that house . Kindly advice me mine and my daughters legal standing in this scenario as we don't have any other place to live in and my husband is not working from last many years and don't ask for his right

Prabhakara S K Shetty

A. ) It is injustice and unethical for me or for any advocate to advice a working wOman-daughter-in-law to file a domestic violence complaint against her mother-in-law for remaining in a house belonging to her.against teh wishes of that mother-in-Law. It is your husband`s responsibility to provide shelter to you and your daughters and not of your mother-in-law.

A. ) Married wife is not entitled to claim in the properties of the mother-in-laws during her lifetime. However, if the mother-in-law dies intestate, then your husband is entitled to inherit the said property along with the other claimers. You and your heir have the right on your husband's share in the property.

Currently you can seek protection to live in the shared household of her mother-in-law under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence. The protection officer from the local police station will come for your rescue from being thrown out of the house. So you're not a helpless woman, police and NGOs are there for you. Contact some women's organisation of your locality as well who will scream on her.

Nirmal Chopra

A. ) Under the domestic violence law, u have a right to live in that house as it is a shared household. Merely because your husband is not the owner of the house, is of no consequence. You should therefore file a domestic violence case and seek protection orders so that you are not illegally evicted forcefully or otherwise from the house which belongs to your mother in law. You can also seek protection orders of not interfering with the room or portion of the house in your possession.

A. ) There are legal way to get better resolution.. File domestic violence case and ask for house sharing also request court to appoint protection officer for your safety. Consult with lawyer or you may contact with our vidhikarya law firm lawyers.

A. ) Dear Madam
You have every right to stay in matrimonial house as SC said many a times.

Sushama

A. ) Hello
If your husband is the only son to your mother in law then you should not hesitate.
By considering the age of your mother in law, you can talk with her and try to give her understanding.
Except that your mother in law won't be ready then you approach to the court.

Junaid Ali Khan

A. ) As per DV Act your are sharing 'household' with your mother in law. You can file a case under this Act.

prasad

A. ) dear client if yr mother in law tried to disposes u and yr daughter from home then file domestic violence case against her and ask for residential order. for any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil

Pune