Track Your Request
Track Your Request
+91-7604047602 Our Team About Us Legal Blog Free Legal Advice Login
Vidhikarya Text Logo
ask a question
Free Legal Advice

Q. Want to donate kidney to my critically ill fiance

Back to All Questions
Placeholder image


posted 2 months ago

question iconWant to donate kidney to my critically ill fiance

My fiance has been married to his wife since four years and living seperately with his wife since four years (they never started living together after marriage because it didn't work out) they are about to get divorced

My fiance has kidney failure is currently on dialysis and need to get kidney transplant done but according to law wife can donate kidney easily and since I'm not his wife it's rare to get me approved without getting my family involved

His wife won't donate kidney obviously and divorce process will take too long

How do I get myself approved to donate kidney to him

Please do not provide your contact details here. We share your contact details on demand from the client.

Your Registration is Incomplete. Please Complete the Registration

Sorry, Your Profile is not activated.

Sorry, You can't respond to the Question as your account has been blocked.

Response is Required

Response should be with in 4294967295 characters

~ and ` characters are not allowed

Response should be minimum 200 characters

Symbols are not allowed (Excluding #)

# Symbols is required

Abhimanyu  Shandilya

Abhimanyu Shandilya

Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers

A.Dear Ma'am,
The law which regulates the donation and transplant of human organs is THE TRANSPLANTATION OF HUMAN ORGANS ACT, 1994 . And as per the Following Sections, mentioned below you can donate your kidney;

Sec 9 (1) Save as otherwise provided in sub-section (3), no human organ removed from the body of a donor before his death shall be transplanted into a recipient unless the donor is a near relative of the recipient.
So, this Section bars you from donating the organ you are not a near relative but looking at the below Section you can very well do so.

Sec 9 (3) If any donor authorizes the removal of any of his human organs before his death under sub-section (1) of section
3 for transplantation into the body of such recipient, not being a near relative, as is specified by the donor by reason of affection or attachment towards the recipient or for any other special reasons, such human organ shall not be removed and transplanted without the prior approval of the Authorisation Committee.

So, You need to seek approval from the authorities to donate your kidney to your fiance.

Reply is Required

Reply should be less than 4294967295 characters.


Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconPolygraph device purchase
Dear Client There are no specific laws to regulate the operation of polygraph or lie detector machine in India typically for the judicial process then you can very well understand that privately holding a polygraph and use it either commercially or otherwise will not be questioned as long as it is not causing any trouble to anyone. But once there is any grievance raised by any complainant then possibly the laws and regulations will start kicking in to this and formulate some laws around it.
question iconFather is threatening to stop paying for me and my unemployed mother
Dear Client, You can File a civil maintenance petition against your father or a maintenance petition under section 125 of CrPC under which one can maintenance for wife, children, and parents. Thank you
question iconDemand of college fees when the college is not running
Dear Client, You have the right to claim your scholarship and pay the amount accordingly. Covid does not waive your right to appear exams. You can approach the Court regarding violation of your fundamental rights. Thank You
question iconIllegal detention
Dear Client, File a Writ Petition in the nature of habeas corpus under Article 226 of the Indian Constitution before a High of appropriate jurisdiction, then the police officers shall be compelled to bring your friend before the court, and then the court shall decide the validity of his stay. Moreover, if the court decides to deport him then the embasy shall bear the cost. Thank you.
question iconViolation of fundamental rights
Dear Client Please reach out to our team at 7604047602 and explain your requirement to them so that they can help you with our lawyer partner in your location for going ahead with the case and filing of complaint against the wrongdoers.
Symbol for Lawyer
Find Lawyers by Location

Our Team
Lawyer Login
Be a Partner

Download the Lawyers App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform
Contact Details
[email protected]
No. 2, First Floor, Subharaj
Plot No. CE/1/C/19, Premises No. 18-0208,
Action Area- 1, New Town