Q. Restitution of conjugal rights

Anonymous

question iconRestitution of conjugal rights

My husband has Petioned to live with him I m also willing to live I already attended one counselling another counselling he did not appear he asked asked for mediation but he keeps on skipping dates is he willing to live or not willing to take me but he is petitioned I'm not coming and living with him

Abhimanyu  Shandilya

A.See restitution of conjugal rights are filed for two reasons;
1. The Petitioner wants that the spouse should come and stay with the petitioner as directed by the court.
2. To take advantage of the situation that the opposite side is not willing to come and after one year of passing the judgement the petitioner can file a case for divorce.

You let the court know that you have been appearing but the petitioner is not appearing and then he will not be able to take any undue advantage of this.

question iconMatrimonial dispute and right of spouse in joint property
Dear Client If the property is bought in the joint name of the spouses then she will have equal rights in the property as you have. Even if you have paid all the money but since she is made as an owner in the property (if registration is over) then she will be having all rights like you.
question iconHusband not paying maintenance after delivery
Dear client I am sorry to know about this. You should ask your husband politely to take care of you and the child but if he does not listen to you then are left with one choice of filing a case for maintenance in the court of law and seek the maintenance for yourself and the child. But be very sure before doing this as this might bring sourness in the matrimonial relationship.
question iconHow to withdraw my self from my family officially.
Dear Client, There is no formal legal procedure for withdrawing oneself from his/her family in India. It's also worth noting that once you're a major, you won't need your parents' permission to do anything you want because you'll be self-sufficient. If you are a major, you can write in the newspaper that you are no longer living with your parents and that you have no relationship with them. Thank you
question iconWife filed 498A, DV cases now want mutual consent divorce, return articles
Dear Client It is very important that you take all the steps careful as criminal cases are filed against you and unless they are quashed or settled you should not agree for the MCD as its done once then you may have to still fight those cases. 1. It is not advised to file for MCD without mentioning the other related case and specially that the wife has agreed to withdraw those cases. 2. Yes, its ok to take back but put all that in the MCD petition to be safe. 3. Nothing can be done about it as lower and trial courts are not enabled for virtual hearing. Just wait for this third wave to get over.
question iconRelationship -relationship with one girl
Dear Client, She is within her legal rights to quit the relationship and there are no laws to enforce your relationship since you are not yet married. So, it would be better if you talk to her and solve the matter between yourself. Thank you

7604047602