Q. Distribution of 2 flats amongst 3 brothers

Anonymous

question iconDistribution of 2 flats amongst 3 brothers

We have 2 flats and my question is as follows. Per my dad's will who is now deceased, he wanted the 2 properties to be equally distributed amongst his 3 sons. My mother also has the same will and was saying that it can't be done and if we have 2 flats, each one brother gets 1 flat and the 3rd brother will get cash component of the share.

A.Dear client,
will is executed as per the statements and clauses written in it. You cannot assume something from that will. So during distribution will of your father property whatever written in will shall happen your mother statement cannot change the will explicit clauses.
Thank You.

A.Dear client,
It will not be up to your mother to determine how the properties will be divided amongst the three brothers. You can ask the will executor to do the needful. Your mother's opinions will not have any effect on how the will shall be distributed.
Thank you.

Advocate Sinjari  Bandyopadhyaya

Advocate Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya

A.To give opinion, it is necessary to scrutinize that Will for its terms, conditions and legal implications. Until and unless it is the Joint Will of your parents, your mother did not have any right to interprete the Will as per her wish.

question iconMatrimonial dispute and right of spouse in joint property
Dear Client If the property is bought in the joint name of the spouses then she will have equal rights in the property as you have. Even if you have paid all the money but since she is made as an owner in the property (if registration is over) then she will be having all rights like you.
question iconHusband not paying maintenance after delivery
Dear client I am sorry to know about this. You should ask your husband politely to take care of you and the child but if he does not listen to you then are left with one choice of filing a case for maintenance in the court of law and seek the maintenance for yourself and the child. But be very sure before doing this as this might bring sourness in the matrimonial relationship.
question iconHow to withdraw my self from my family officially.
Dear Client, There is no formal legal procedure for withdrawing oneself from his/her family in India. It's also worth noting that once you're a major, you won't need your parents' permission to do anything you want because you'll be self-sufficient. If you are a major, you can write in the newspaper that you are no longer living with your parents and that you have no relationship with them. Thank you
question iconWife filed 498A, DV cases now want mutual consent divorce, return articles
Dear Client It is very important that you take all the steps careful as criminal cases are filed against you and unless they are quashed or settled you should not agree for the MCD as its done once then you may have to still fight those cases. 1. It is not advised to file for MCD without mentioning the other related case and specially that the wife has agreed to withdraw those cases. 2. Yes, its ok to take back but put all that in the MCD petition to be safe. 3. Nothing can be done about it as lower and trial courts are not enabled for virtual hearing. Just wait for this third wave to get over.
question iconRelationship -relationship with one girl
Dear Client, She is within her legal rights to quit the relationship and there are no laws to enforce your relationship since you are not yet married. So, it would be better if you talk to her and solve the matter between yourself. Thank you

7604047602