Track Your Request
Track Your Request
+91-7604047602 Our Team About Us Legal Blog Free Legal Advice Login
Vidhikarya Text Logo
ask a question
Free Legal Advice

Q. Regarding one-time alimony

Back to All Questions
Placeholder image

kiran kumar

posted 1 month ago

question iconRegarding one-time alimony

sir/madam, am disabled married 1year wife stayed with me for 2months non consumated(as her mother told not to consumate for 3months as her blood count was low and was taking iron supplements).But my wife used to chat with her boyfriend with different names infront of me. Once i caught her redhanded and taken screenshot of that message(love you). Once she told that she will go shopping with her mother but went shopping with him for 3hours and told me to gpay money to his number.I got angry and told everyone. She has extracted lots of money from me for her personal needs.after revealing her affair she is complaining that I have cheated her by hiding my disability.But my marriage was witnessed by everyone and her parents did kanyadhan to my legs where it is clearly visible that i wore calipers. Before marriage she accepted me. We have given three months time before marriage and told everything about my disability and witnessed by mediator. My salary is 50k and after emi deductions it will be around 15k.I told them to settle with2lakh onetime alimony as she has cheated me with her boyfriend.I would like to know whether alimony can be avoided in this case?

Please do not provide your contact details here. We share your contact details on demand from the client.

Your Registration is Incomplete. Please Complete the Registration

Sorry, Your Profile is not activated.

Sorry, You can't respond to the Question as your account has been blocked.

Response is Required

Response should be with in 4294967295 characters

~ and ` characters are not allowed

Response should be minimum 200 characters

Symbols are not allowed (Excluding #)

# Symbols is required



Responded 1 month ago

View All Answers

A.As she is ready for settlement with 2lakh onetime alimony. It will be wiser & get out of the marriage, as you said she has some boy friend also. If even you go to court you will have to pay probably even more .. So settle in this amount & get a clean chit.

Hope this information is useful

Reply is Required

Reply should be less than 4294967295 characters.


Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconNot knowing how to get out of a toxic relationship
Dear Client Sorry to know about your situation and pains that you are going through. If your marital relationship has turned so sour and your husband is neither cooperating with you nor he is living with you then it makes sense to dissolve the marriage and move on with your future. You can get the divorce on the grounds of cruelty and desertion by your husband. In all likelihood the custody of the child will remain with you.
question iconDivorce on basis of Cruelty
Dear Client Yes, a person can get divorce from the court of law due to the domestic violence if it is proved in the court. Domestic violence will be considered as cruelty by the hands of the spouse under Section 13(1)(ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. You can get in touch with a good divorce lawyer to sort all your queries.
question iconReclaiming dowry gold from bride after got judgement that marriage is void
Dear Client This is a technically tricky question. When something is given as gift to the bride during the marriage then it becomes her Streedhan for ever and no body except the bride can claim over that. This is in case of a valid marriage. Now since the marriage is void and is nullified then will the gifts be considered as streedhan or not? This question can be answered by the hon'ble courts only. You should have tried to pray for returning of the gifts and jewelry in the current case itself.
question iconI have file divorce case will I have to pay maintenance to her
Dear Client Maintenance is to be paid by a spouse to the another spouse who is not earning and dies not have any means for livelihood. If you are jobless and she is earning and can support by that earning then you can file a case for maintenance in the local court.
question iconMarriage dissolution
After minimum one year continuous period of separation, both of you through joint petition before the Family Court/ District Judge/ Additional District Judge under whose jurisdiction you or your husband reside or marriage registration took place,can file Matrimonial Suit for mutual consent divorce and usually thereafter six months time is given to fix the date for evidence and if both the spouse adduce evidence in support of divorce,then judgment is given signifying dissolution of marriage and after drawing up of Decree, divorce will be completed.
Symbol for Lawyer
Find Lawyers by Location

Our Team
Lawyer Login
Be a Partner

Download the Lawyers App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform
Contact Details
[email protected]
No. 2, First Floor, Subharaj
Plot No. CE/1/C/19, Premises No. 18-0208,
Action Area- 1, New Town