Q. Registration of Will

Prashanth S

I would like to know the process involved for registering a will. Since my father is not able to ambulate, I would like to know if this service can be done at door step.

A. You have to requisistion the Sub-registrar for door step service. But will need not be compulsorily registered.

Prabhakara S K Shetty

View {{count[0]}} Replies

Prashanth S

Thank you Sir. My father also states that since he is paying the corporation taxes, a will need not be made. Will this decision create any problem for me in the future? There are no siblings or near relatives that are interested in the property, for that matter.

Prabhakara S K Shetty

What I said is that any will should be in correct format, but it need not be registered as per Law. If registered there will be no doubt about genuineness of that will, but it does not prove that such will is the last will nor that it was without undue influence. I did not say that it is not necessary to make a will.

Prashanth S

Thank You.

A. You need to visit the concerned office and place a request with them stating the facts and circumstances as to why it cannot be completed by visiting this office. On receiving your request, they will visit your home and do the needful. The charges for such varied for each office.

Vedant Lakhotia

A. Yes it can be done you need to apply for such in the registration office, they will register such document visiting your home but will take charges of it.

View {{count[2]}} Reply

Prashanth S

Replied 1 year ago

Thank You!