Q.Documents required to be given in an accident case

Q. Documents required to be given in an accident case

Anonymous

I had an accident in Delhi in which a boy was git and 2 cars hit my car from behind. As per tgemlc, the boy sustained some spinal injury. His parents have taken him to his place.
The car is in my brother name. I was driving the car at the time of accident. IO has issued a notice u/s 91 in which he is asking for details and proof of my annual income, moveable and immovable properties details along with the attested proofs for the same apart from the other vehicle details and driver/owners details. He is also asking the same from the car owner. Are these relevant for the case and required to be submitted in an affidavit in a car accident case???

He claims that these are required for his filling the Deatiled Accident Report in MACT.

A. There is no need to provide income or property details.

Deepak Bade

A. A motor accident has two facets, one is the commission of criminal offence and the other is compensation claim. The person responsible for causing the accident by negligent driving is liable to be booked for criminal offence, further liable to pay compensation to the victim. However, if the vehicle is insured, insurance company will pay. Give details of insurance company to the io and ask him to make insurance company the third party for insurance claim.

A. no these are not important. It is to be filed from the side of the person claiming compensation. So, kindly don't provide such to the IO. Just say we will state that directly to the court.

NILANJAN CHATTERJEE