ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Adoption Query
Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (521)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1950)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1523)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (322)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (475)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1049)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1857)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2743)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Adoption Query

Placeholder image

Akash Ransingh

posted 8 months ago

My sister had a baby from a man who abandoned her before the delivery. She stays alone and was on a death bed. I helped her recover and deliver. Now we want to give away the baby to a family friend as my sister isn't willing to bring it up. We do not have the baby's biological father around.... how do we proceed....
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 4 of 4 Responses

A. Dear client, your sister can give her daufhter in adoption. For details, some advocate through

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rajender Prasad

Experience: 5 Year(s)

Responded 6 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Go by the advice of Advocate Deepak Bade.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon


Experience: 15 Year(s)

Responded 8 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Section 35 of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 states that:
The parents of the child, who due to certain physical, economic and social reasons cannot maintain the child can file for surrender by bringing the child before the Child Welfare Committee. After the necessary process of inquiry and counselling, the Child Welfare Committee shall allow for the surrender by executing the surrender deed before the committee.The parent who is surrendering the child shall be given two months to reconsider their decisionThe child will be then placed with either a Specialised Adoption Agency (if below 6 years) or Children’s Home (if above six years).
If the parents have not reconsidered their decision, After two months, the relationship between the parent and child will be terminated and the child can be, if approved by the Committee can be declared as legally free for adoption.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Deepak Bade

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 8 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. If you are giving that baby on adoption You can show that person as not traceable. Of your family friends can take up that baby as their foster son/daughter no formality is required.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us