Q. Adoption Query

Akash Ransingh

Q.Adoption Query
My sister had a baby from a man who abandoned her before the delivery. She stays alone and was on a death bed. I helped her recover and deliver. Now we want to give away the baby to a family friend as my sister isn't willing to bring it up. We do not have the baby's biological father around.... how do we proceed....

A. ) Dear client, your sister can give her daufhter in adoption. For details, pl.contact some advocate through vidhikarya.com

A. ) Go by the advice of Advocate Deepak Bade.

A. ) Section 35 of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 states that:
The parents of the child, who due to certain physical, economic and social reasons cannot maintain the child can file for surrender by bringing the child before the Child Welfare Committee. After the necessary process of inquiry and counselling, the Child Welfare Committee shall allow for the surrender by executing the surrender deed before the committee.The parent who is surrendering the child shall be given two months to reconsider their decisionThe child will be then placed with either a Specialised Adoption Agency (if below 6 years) or Children’s Home (if above six years).
If the parents have not reconsidered their decision, After two months, the relationship between the parent and child will be terminated and the child can be, if approved by the Committee can be declared as legally free for adoption.

Prabhakara S K Shetty

A. ) If you are giving that baby on adoption You can show that person as not traceable. Of your family friends can take up that baby as their foster son/daughter no formality is required.