ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Regarding e-khata
Administrative Law (454)
Adoption (122)
Advertising (53)
Animal Laws (40)
Arbitration and Mediation (40)
Aviation (15)
Banking (551)
Bankruptcy and Debt (182)
Cheque Bounce (405)
Child Custody (159)
Civil (2032)
Commercial (74)
Consumer Protection (570)
Contracts and Agreements (463)
Corporate and Incorporation (97)
Criminal (1602)
Customs, Excise (38)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (328)
Debt and Lending Agreement (79)
Debt Collection (160)
Divorce (562)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (306)
Domestic Violence (580)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1107)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1949)
Financial Markets and Services (93)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (266)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (55)
Insurance (75)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (106)
International Laws (12)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (609)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (61)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (15)
Motor Accident (133)
Muslim Laws (60)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (60)
Police Laws (64)
Power of Attorney (75)
Privacy (92)
Property (2871)
Real Estate (405)
Registration (137)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (138)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (26)
Tax-Property Tax (31)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (20)
Transportation (59)
Trust and Society (NGO) (83)
Will (142)
Work Permits (33)

Q. Regarding e-khata

Placeholder image

Aishwarya Vinod

posted 9 months ago

Hello sir/madam. This s Aishwarya, we are planning to purchase a plot in smrithi Nagar.. As it is a gated community and e - khata can we further go ahead with papers.. We heard that we can't resale the property further for our use. Is it true? Or is it safe to purchase e khata property?
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. One of the major advantages of E-Khata is that the up-to-date certificates and extracts of the respective property can be easily got through BBMP centers and kiosks. E-Khata is available for all the properties under BBMP. But, BBMP has not completed the verification process of all the properties due to which many properties have not yet got their PID numbers. Most of the properties have received only the Khata numbers as these properties are maintained in Khata manual records. It is advisable to go for properties having A Khatha as in case of B Khatha you are not entailed to have building license, trade licence or loan from banks or any other financial transactions.

B Khata is a temporary measure which will allow you to buy or sell a site, but you will face problems when you go for construction. The properties under the B register will not obtain E-Khata as they will not have the PID number. Thus anyone having a B khatha essentially is a non BBMP approved construction. Hence it is not advisable to buy such properties.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon


Experience: 15 Year(s)

Responded 9 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. E Khatas are always safe and much more efficient way to buy or selling property.
E Kathas have lot of good things
Builders will have all legal documents attached and spiral binded from the family tree to the current tax paid or paani receipt Family tree,Land Conversion documents Khat, Extract, water source,paani paper ,Panchayat limits, Approvals example like DTCP,MUDA,CHUDA,etc,Pollution board certified,Environmental certification,Etc even builder itself maintain all documents. but need to verified all documnets by expert property lawyer before any decision about property.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Deepak Bade

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 9 months ago

View All Answers
View {{count[1]}} Reply
Placeholder image

Aishwarya Vinod

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Replied 9 months ago

Thanks alot sir for your reply.


A. We can't provide you any guidance in proper way till persuse the documents of the said property

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Khansaeed Pathan

Experience: 10 Year(s)

Responded 9 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us