Q.Contempt of Court

Q. Contempt of Court

Inspite of Calcutta High Court Order to dispose of my appeal against dismissal of service within 15 days of communication of order, Appellate Authority of United Bank of India has failed to dispose of my appeal even after 2 months because UBI don't have any authenticated evidences in support of charges mentioned in chargesheet. 3 reminders have already been send to them.

Now I want to file contempt petition against Appellate Authority of United Bank of India with appeal to Honourable Justice to quash my dismissal order and reinstate me into my regular service with protection of my seniority level and promotion as per my batchmates including payment of full salary for this period. Can I do this? Plz guide me in this regarding.

A. Yes a contempt application is maintainable before Calcutta High Court. You can contact me for your matter as I am practicing advocate of Calcutta High Court.

Yes, you can file contempt petition and it will get some result in your pending appeal.

A. It is a clear case of contempt. File it immediately and make concerned officer party by name as in contempt petition, contemnors are made party by name as well as by designation.

Nirmal Chopra

A. honest answer is yes! you can file writ into hon'ble high court against appellate authority of said bank. file writ with proper format.

Deepak Bade

A. Yes you can file a contempt writ against appeallate authority in kolkata high court.

Ashutosh Pathak

A. It is little difficult to provide you exact answer without looking at the case papers and the hon'ble court orders/judgement as many a times lot of additional information is hidden in the papers. Anyways at a high level this what should be done. When the High court has dismissed the appeal that means the lower court's judgment has been held to be right. And you should approach the lower court for execution of the order or judgement. Secondly once the case been moved to courts and the judicial system then the departmental enquiry or proceedings do not hold any meaning.
In my honest opinion you should sit down with your lawyer and discuss everything threadbare to find out what is what and what next step to be taken.
If you want you can come down to my chamber in New Town for proper guidance.

A. Yes. You can do. Contact me. I practice in calcutta high court. I will help you.

Arnab Banerjee