Q. Sir/Madam,

Joe Deelly

Q.Sir/Madam,
I am holding A general Power Of Attorney which was made by my brother on my behalf from the UAE and has now returned back due to sickness, and since his Passport has also been expired does the POA also expire with its date ? as there is not date notified on the given POA for expiry. Please help as my developers are not handing my rent due to the above reason.
Awaiting your kind response.
Mr. Joe

A. ) No POA does not expire unless your brother revoke his POA. This revocation should be in writing, signed by him in front of a notary public, and delivered to the you and any third parties with whom you have been in contact. Your brother is required to issue a public notice through local newspapers, without which, the revocation shall stand void. If your POA was registered , then your brother need a registered deed of cancellation

Joe Deelly

Replied 1 year ago

Thank you Mr. Rosario, but if I need a attested letter of validation, where can I get one ( small court or the consumer court or if you could assist me. Further do you want me to send you a copy of the POA to clarify further?

Replied 1 year ago

Hello Joe Yes it would be better if you can send me the copy of POA. You can get my contact details (email and whatsapp number) from Vidhikarya. regards

Replied 1 year ago

Joe Deelly

Replied 1 year ago

Respected Mr. Rozario,
Had mailed on vidhikarya for contact details but did not get any response. could you send it to me on my mail ID: [email protected]

A. ) Please check what is the time period provided in the PoA. If there is not time period then check if any contingency or conditionality is mentioned int eh GPA. If there is nothing then it means that it still holds and good and you as PoA holder have the rights and responsibilities as mentioned in the POA. IF your brother has not revoked the PoA then the builder should be fulfilling whatever is mentioned in the PoA.

A. ) You have to share the detalis of the GPA for quick response and suitable guidance and assistance.

Prabhakara S K Shetty

A. ) If the power of attorney is not revoked, or if it does not mention a expiry date, then it is valid even today. But your brother can cancel it any day.

A. ) Dear client the legal answer is however long you set it up to last. If you set a date for a power of attorney to lapse, then it will last until that date. If you create a general power of attorney and set no date for which it will expire, it will last until you die or become incapacitated.

A. ) By advocate Rameshwor dadhe dear sir please call I will solve Ur issue

Rajeev RJ

A. ) If validity is not mentioned in the POA same will be valid till same is cancelled by the Attorney. POA is not connected with the validity of the Passport. In case of any doubt you can get in touch with me

Regards

Rajeev
RJ Associates
Trivandrum

Manjula Shanmugasundaram

A. ) The said General Power of Attorney needs to be thoroughly read before answering your question because there are some forms to GPA which are valid only till the principal reside overseas and in the normal format it is not so.

Joe Deelly

Replied 1 year ago

Can I send you the POA? And what would be the charges if I need your assistance.

Manjula Shanmugasundaram

Replied 1 year ago

For that you would have to contact vidhikarya

A. ) By advocate Rameshwor dadhe dear sir can you mail me POA . I will analyze it. Then come to the point.