Q. Use of Registered Release Deed

Mukul Varshney

Q.Use of Registered Release Deed
We had a self-acquired property in name of my mother. Last week my sisters (two) signed a registered release deed in my favour due to death of my mother. Now my brothers-in-law are asking a copy of this registered release deed - citing reason that they need it for tax purpose. I am suspicious for this, as my brothers-in-law were always against this and were pressurising my sisters not to sign release deed and ask for share / money/gold. Please let me know if have to share a photocopy of this recently signed registered release deed with my brothers-in-law - can this be used against me by any chance? Thanks

A. ) Since your brother-in-laws are against the transfer, it's better you don't give them the photocopy.

A. ) Dear client they would need that copy for tax purposes. But if you don't want to give them copy then they will be get it from registrar office.but i don't think so they could be use that copy against you.

Manjula Shanmugasundaram

A. ) If you don't give them (your sisters) a photostat copy, they can get a certified copy from the office of the sub registrar. Further it is possible that they genuinely need it for tax purposes.
In case they want to set aside the release deed, they can file a suit for the purpose claiming obtainment of consent by illegal method. You sisters can do it without your help.

A. ) By advocate Rameshwor dadhe dear sir if your sister are ready for release Deed then your brother in law cannot do anything don't worry