Q. Possibility for nullifying my marriage

Manu A

posted 3 years ago

question iconPossibility for nullifying my marriage

I got married six months back. On the night of my wedding my wife revealed to me that she s not intereated in marraige life and was forced by her parents to marry me. I informed to take time to understand and to decide jointly. Its been 6 months, our marriage is unconsummated and my wife left my home wihout prior information stating that she is going for masters in abroad and not interested in mrg life and wontcome back. I have filed a case in police stn. And got F.I.R copy.
Wether my marriage be nullified as she married me under the force of her parents? Or wat can i do..

A.dear client you can get divorce with compensation on the grounds of non-consummation of marriage and cheating. even you can proceed for annulment of marriage under section 12 of hindu marriage act.

Manu A

Replied 3 years ago

Thank you sir.
I have consulted with my lawyer in chennai. He stated the grounds for annulment is very less unless that girl admit she was forced by her parents to get married or she is selective impotent. So suggested to go for mutual divorcw after 6 montha time.
Request your view on this.

Meenakshi Garg

Meenakshi Garg

A.Sir, you did right by filing a complaint in the Police Station as further if your wife comes back and claims anything from you or put any false accusation then you have a proof that she ran away.
Now coming to your marriage then sir it is a valid marriage even if it is a one day marriage and unconsummated. You can file a divorce either mutual by taking your wife into confidence or contested if she doesn't agree to give you divorce.

VIMAL K MISHRA

VIMAL K MISHRA

A.Dear client First of all, you stay mentally strong and provide the following informations.
1. How much time did the wedding take place?
2. In which section did you file the first information report?
You can feel free to contact me through Vidhikarya.

Adv Avdhesh  Chaudhary

Adv Avdhesh Chaudhary

A.Dear client it will not be possible for u to go for divorce as u have not completed min 1year of marriage. Yes u may proceed for annulment of marriage under section 12 of hindu marriage act. Mind u can apply only within one after knowledge of the fraud played with you. So please go for it. In case of need u may call me by getting my contact details from this legal site.

You can get divorce with compensation on the grounds of non-consummation of marriage and cheating.

Manu A

Replied 3 years ago

Dear sir,
Thank you for the input. Also my wife has stated in her letter that though i have behaved well, she felt very insecured and was thinking wat would happen every night and how to protect her from me. Will that be of any use.?

Manoj

Manu A

Replied 3 years ago

Also, I feel their parents will not support her to proceed for mutual divorce and try to drag the time.

Prabhakara S K Shetty

Prabhakara S K Shetty

A.What is your complaint and what are the sections FIR has? You may file for nullity but your evidence is not enough for getting a judgement as you like unless your wife admits so.

Johnson  Thangiah

Johnson Thangiah

A.You consult lawyer for civil remedy immediately.

Kumar Karan Agrawal

Kumar Karan Agrawal

As per the facts, the best way is to go for Mutual Consent Divorce. You should talk to your wife and file a Mutual Consent Divorce petition under section 13 (b) Hindu Marriage Act.

Vishwabandhu

Vishwabandhu

A.Dear client Your case is much complicated. Consummated or unconsummated makes no difference. It is a valid marriage. It is not child's game . Due legal procedure would be obeyed by court. Consult me on phone. Get my no from Vidhikarya.

Gopal  Bansal

Gopal Bansal

A.Dear concerned,
Although there are a number of ways to get rid of such kind of married life, but the easiest one is to file a petition u/s 12 (1) (a) of the HMA, 1955 for the nullification of marriage on the ground of her mental impotence, because as per your sayings, she has clearly stated that she is not interested in married life which amounts to her mental impotence.

Nirmal Chopra

Nirmal Chopra

A.U can apply for divorce on the ground of desertion and u can also seek waiver of statutory period of 1 year required from marriage before filling divorce petition. If court refuses to allow waiver of mandatory one year minimum period required from marriage, u can seek waiver of same from supreme court as only supreme court has the power to waive it off.even high court does not enjoy such power.

Sanjay Kumar Jha

Sanjay Kumar Jha

A.Dear Client, you did right thing to lodge FIR, yes you can file a petition after consulting a lawyer for annulment of your marriage. you may contact for

A.By advocate Rameshwor dadhe dear sir you can file a divorce by mutual consent for both of you. It is very easy to u . You should wait till one year till completing one year of your marriage

Manu A

Replied 3 years ago

Sir,
Further to the missing, police has recovered a mail which is sent by my wife to her father stating that" she had told several times prior to marriage that she was not interested but they have compelled to get married and because of which she s moving out." Will that be of any use..? Bcos I have already wasted 6 months with her in which she had never acted as my wife even a single second. Now if i have to wait for 6 more months is like punishing me for some mistake which I have not committed.

Replied 3 years ago

Dear under Hindu marriage act you cannot take divorce to till one year

Rajender  Prasad

A.your wife was forced to marriage, she should file a case for nullify the marriage not otherwis or both of you can go to court for mutual divorce after one year if you not consumate. for details pl.contact an advocate through vidhikarya..com

Manu A

Replied 3 years ago

Further to the missing, police has recovered a mail which is sent by my wife to her father stating that" she had told several times prior to marriage that she was not interested but they have compelled to get married and because of which she s moving out." Will that be of any use..?
Bcos I have already wasted 6 months with her in which she had never acted as my wife even a single second. Now if i have to wait for 6 more months is like punishing me for some mistake which I have not committed.

question iconA question related to my Father.
Alcohol prohibition in India is in force in the States of Bihar, Gujarat, Mizoram, and Nagaland so if you belong to any of those States,then you are entitled to sue your father's friend for buying and offering alcohol to your father . All other Indian States and Union Territories permit the sale of alcohol.
question iconDistribution of 2 flats amongst 3 brothers
To give opinion, it is necessary to scrutinize that Will for its terms, conditions and legal implications. Until and unless it is the Joint Will of your parents, your mother did not have any right to interprete the Will as per her wish.
question iconRegarding permanent injunction from doing second marriage by wife
Dear client, I cannot give you a definitive answer as to whether or not you will be able to win the case. But considering the fact that you do not possess any proof of your wife having said that, the court may not take any action and might dismiss it. Up and until she takes a clear action on what she said she would do, you cannot bring about any action against her either. Thank you.
question iconRestitution of conjugal rights
See restitution of conjugal rights are filed for two reasons; 1. The Petitioner wants that the spouse should come and stay with the petitioner as directed by the court. 2. To take advantage of the situation that the opposite side is not willing to come and after one year of passing the judgement the petitioner can file a case for divorce. You let the court know that you have been appearing but the petitioner is not appearing and then he will not be able to take any undue advantage of this.
question iconChild's caste in intercaste marriage
Dear client, Child caste is of father generally but Supreme Court rule that caste can be of mother or father there is no straight jacket rule. So it’s on couple to decide caste of children. Thank You.

7604047602