Gratuity - completed 4 years and 7 months in my previous company Gratuity - completed 4 years and 7 months in my previous company

I have completed 4 years and 7 months in my previous company. Will i be able to get the gratuity as per section 2a? My employer is not responding on the mail.


Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
A.Dear Client,
If your matter comes under sec 2a then your gratuity is considered to complete. If not then it takes 5 years and if not then 4 years 8 months is taken into consideration.
The employee must apply and send the application for gratuity to the employer. Once the application is received, it is acknowledged and the amount of gratuity is calculated for further procedures; and. The employer pays the gratuity within a time frame of 30 days after disbursement of acknowledgement. If employer is not taking any action then you can file a complaint against employer.
Section 9 states that the dominating authority can apply all the penalties of the organization. An employer is bound to offer a gratuity, and if not, there is a punishment from 6 months to 2 years.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconNOC Department and legal Notice
Dear Sir, Such companies are many and they are cheating the young youth. You need not worry about it and disconnect all connections with them. Is online data entry jobs are fake? it is totally scam p...
question iconElectricity board
Dear Client If that bill is incorrect then you can challenge that bill in the court of law and before doing that ask the board on the clarification that why a 9 years old bill is sent now.
question iconEWS Certificate
Dear Client Yes you can add this income to your family income and it would be better to get advise from taxation expert. Hope it helps
question iconCooperative Society Election
Hello Client, I am uncertain as to what your question is so kindly explain it a bit more. Thank you.
question iconNotice - Can I send notice to electricity department
Dear Client You can write an application to the officer of Electricity Board of your jurisdiction it cannot be guaranteed that you get record of last 9 years but for some specific duration they may p...