Q.Buying a relative a vehicle with our id card

Q. Buying a relative a vehicle with our id card

What if we buy our relative or a known person a two wheeler in my name and id card since he is from state uttar Pradesh and is having the id card of uttar Pradesh but he is currently living in Delhi and wanted to buy a vehicle in Delhi so he requested me to buy him a vehicle in Delhi with my id card of Delhi because a person in Delhi buying a vehicle must have the id card of Delhi , so while I let him buy a two wheeler in my name and id but he will be paying for it and will be driving it. So what steps and precautions should I follow before letting him buy a vehicle with my id coz if he accidents someone or the vehicle gets involved in any sort of crime , since the ownership is in my name , I would be in a problem.

A. dear client You yourself has mentioned that in case of any criminal activity or accident you will be called for interrogation and litigation. So, better you transfer the bike to his name and be safe.

Deepak Bade

Responded 1 week ago

A. U can sell the two wheeler to your friend and get the process of transfer completed at RTO otherwise u shall be held for any untoward incident. Recently even SC has upheld this view.

Ratandeep Misra

A. You may purchase the same in your name and then make a sale deed to him. Once the sale deed is made, and brought in to action then the actual possession of the property passes on to the purchaser and even if he does not bring about a change in the documents of the property like Registration certificate etc your name will be registered with RTO but if he meets with an accident or is involved in any sort of act which is unlawful and the vehicle gets impounded, the police authorities/court may call/summon you as because your name is in the records of RTO but by producing the Sale Deed you can very clearly and evidently show that the current owner is someone else and you are no where responsible. You will be saved even if, he drives the vehicle without obtaining a licence.

Vedant Lakhotia

View {{count[2]}} Replies

Shivam Khurana

Replied 1 year ago

But sir how to make a sale deed since he is not having Delhi's address on his Aadhar card, his Aadhar card is having the address of his home town uttar Pradesh .if it is possible then how can I make sale deed to him.

Shivam Khurana

Replied 1 year ago

How to make a sale deed to him basically.

Vedant Lakhotia

Replied 1 year ago

You can consult us for making the sale deed. We will take care of the fact that the saod person is not having any communication address of Delhi via any Govt ID and will also take care of the fact that your point does not get defeated.

Shivam Khurana

Replied 1 year ago

What's the procedure to take the consultation from you

Vedant Lakhotia

Replied 1 year ago

You can click om the button of consult the lawyer on the dashboard and book an appointment. The Consult lawyer tab will make you come accross the details for consultation.

A. Transfer the bike to his name and you be on the safer side. You yourself has mentioned that in case of any criminal activity or accident you will be called for interrogation and litigation. So, better you transfer the bike to his name and be safe.

View {{count[3]}} Reply

Shivam Khurana

Replied 1 year ago

Thank you for reaching me out sir.but sir that person is not having the delhi's id i.e on his Aadhar card the address is of his hometown uttar Pradesh so he was not able to buy vehicle in delhi.so he requested me .and sir is there anything named cell letter on which he and I will sign and he will agree to his responsibility in case any mishappening occurs.