ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Dependent Disability Pension for Army Personnel Child
Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1945)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (320)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (472)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1046)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1851)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2738)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Dependent Disability Pension for Army Personnel Child

Placeholder image


posted 7 months ago

My Brother in Law who is a Retd. Army officer is trying to apply for disability pension for his 24 year old son stating that he is mentally ill, when he is NOT. However, my Nephew abuses drugs because of which his symptoms match with mental illness, so instead of helping his son get out of Drugs he is now using it to get Disability pension. Is there a way i can inform the Right department in Army headquarters that the basis on which the pension is being applied is false and should be well investigated if not rejected at the first place.
I have a video of Mother (my sister) at police Station stating that her Son is not mentally ill but being proved so to get Disability pension, but now the mother has decided not to go against her husband for unknown reasons(maybe some pressure from my B.I.L perhaps.)
Need to know what we can do save an individuals life so that he does not get Mental illness certificate for all his life, we also know that he will be stuck in this forever since they will have to renew this certificate every 2 years to continue to get disability pension. Seeking advice.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 5 of 5 Responses

A. Dear Client,
I am informing you two things
1.What mental health issues qualify for disability?
With these broad criteria in mind, the SSA recognizes several categories of mental illness which may be considered for Social Security Disability.
• Organic disorders. ...
• Psychotic disorders. ...
• Affective disorders. ...
• Mental retardation. ...
• Anxiety related disorders. ...
• Somatoform disorders. ...
• Personality disorders.
What Medical Conditions Qualify for Social Security Disability or...
• musculoskeletal problems, such as back injuries.
• cardiovascular conditions, such as heart failure or coronary artery disease.
• senses and speech issues, such as vision and hearing loss.
• respiratory illnesses, such as COPD or asthma.
2. If you feel something is wrong some where, you can ask the Authorities as a concerned citizen,
in the interest of the country so the scarce resources are not wasted.
3.Even if the disability pension has been sanctioned in the mean time, you can lodge a complaint and
pray for examination of the patient.
Shanti Ranjan Behera

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shanti Ranjan Behera

Experience: 22 Year(s)

Responded 6 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. you have not mentioned the full facts of the case, However contact some govt. & pvt. agencies and NGOS working in the field.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rajender Prasad

Experience: 5 Year(s)

Responded 6 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Approach the concerned authorities about the same.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon


Experience: 11 Year(s)

Responded 6 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir,
You have every right to lodge complaint and see that he cannot get mental illness certificate and consequent disable pension from military authorities.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Dear client you can report to concerned army authority about this frauds.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Deepak Bade

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 7 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us