Q.Public Interest Litigation Admission Hearing

Q. Public Interest Litigation Admission Hearing

Nil NIL

Kindly let me know the average days Hon. Chief Justice take for admission hearing of PIL?

A. Dear client it depends on the matter. But it will concluded within one hours.

Deepak Bade

A. That depends on the case. If the matter is of utmost importance pertaining to lives of individuals, human rights violation etc, the Chief Justice would take up the case immediately, conduct the hearing and dispose of the matter. But in general, due to piling up of PILs in high courts, the hearing and closure of the case is time consuming, often it takes years. However, in between the hearings, the court may issue directions to the authorities to perform certain actions as and when needed. It’s only after the final hearing of both parties that a judgement is given.

Hearing will be done within one hour or 3 hours but getting the PIL on Board is very difficult. Normally admission hearings will be finished between 5 to 10 minutes.

View {{count[2]}} Reply

Nil NIL

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your reply. Kindly let me know how much time does it take to get PIL on board?

A. Whether notice has to issued on PIL is decided on first hearing itself if not adjourned otherwise.

Nirmal Chopra

View {{count[3]}} Reply

Nil NIL

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your reply. I want to know how many days do it take to hear the PIL after submitting it at the HIgh Court counter? or how many days do it take for first hearing/admission hearing after submitting the PIL at High Court counter? I request you to give your valuable opinion.