Q. Threat

Iti Sharma

Q.Threat
After my husband's death on 12-04-2018, my in-laws put up a lock on the house where I was living with my husband separately since after marriage because my in-laws were living in a rented house from almost 20 years as they basically belongs to Bihar. Matter was put up in front of police and now after 3 months an FIR has been launched against my in-laws under ipc section 406 and 34 but no action has been taken by police till now.I want to enter in the house because we were running a institute inside the house and my all belongings are locked inside the house but police is saying we can't help you regarding this. Now my question is if I break the lock and enters in the house, legal action could be taken against me by police? What other legal action I can take to take immediate entry in the house?

ARPIT BATRA

A. ) You can opt to break the lock

A. ) Dear Madam,
If you are exclusively in possession of the said premises prior to lock put up by your in-laws then you can break open the same otherwise you may approach Court seeking necessary directions to the police to break open the lock and to hand over the premises to you.

Iti Sharma

Sir police and court is taking too much time for action and i can't wait that long because my institute's belongings are also locked inside the house due to which I am not able to run my institute. My financial condition become very poor. Before putting lock by in-laws I was living in that house only so can I break it?

A. ) Dear client kindly file domestic violence case against your in-laws.get order from court getting back your family items from in-laws house.contact with us.

A. ) Under what provision under the law, did your in-laws had put the lock in your house. You being the widow wife is entitled to the property of your deceased husband. Under the Hindu Succession Act you are the rightful owner of the self earned property of your husband. Get legal heir certificate from the local municipality and get the property titled in your name. Contact me for consultation.

Iti Sharma

Sir house is on my mother in-laws name. We were living in the house separately since after marriage and paid EMI of the house by giving cash to my father in-law.

If the house is in your mother-in-law's name then you have no right in the property. Better ask your mother-in-law to release your articles so that you can do your business somewhere else. Alternatively offer her some money as rents to allow you to carry on your business.

Iti Sharma

Sir, I am not asking for right in property but I want to stay in the house as I have no other place to live in. In this regard, how law could be helpful to me and what are my rights?

lodge a complaint with the local police against her for domestic violence.

Nirmal Chopra

A. ) File a domestic violence petition against ur in laws and seek urgent orders for removal of your items.as a alternative u can approach civil court also.

Iti Sharma

I already filed the case but hearing date is too far on 16/11/2018 and what is the procedure for seeking urgent orders from the court? I have financial crises as well. Please help me to get out of this.

A. ) Inform the Director General of police about non actin of the police department . I f noaction is tkEN BRING IT IN THE NOTICE OF COURT. For details, pl contact some advocate through vidhikarya.com