Contested divorce - How long does it take to get free Contested divorce - How long does it take to get free

How long does it take to get free from this marriage if it is contested divorce? I have major differences and compatibility issues and also past baggages of mother in law issues that led me to detach from my husband with whom I had a love marriage. Since he never took any stand in past, I kept getting detached from marriage and now I want freedom back. He doesn't want mutual divorce, if I file it on grounfs of emotional detachment, will it work or the case will keep dragging even when I don't want to stay in this marriage?

Subhashis Paul

A.Moreover a time span of 2 years approximately is necessary to get a decree of contested divorce in any state of India.

Subhashis Paul

A.You may file the divorce case on mental cruelty ground but it needs good drafting quality since the civil cases are determined as per the drafting of the plaint... Therefore writing skill of an advocate really matters in divirceccases

question iconDivorce and abuse
Hi client, Immediately settle down at a place where you will be safe. File a contested divorce petition, followed by a maintenance and carry forward with 498A . Contact an advocate who expertises in...
question iconCancel mariage
Dear Client, if the marriage is not registered then he can marry another person but needs to make sure to let the first wife know.
question iconMental Harassment and torture
Dear Sir, Please take your wife for psychiatric treatment and medical check ups and if she attempts to commit suicide then lodge a police complaint and then file a divorce case.
question iconMy sister's husband is a fraud and abusive man
Dear Sir, Your sister can file multiple cases against him and get monthly maintenance for herself and her child or permanent alimony on divorce.
question iconhe does not accept the divorce notice
Dear Madam, CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE ORDER 5 RULE 17: Procedure when defendant refuses to accept service, or cannot be found— Where the defendant or his agent or such other person as aforesaid refuses...