Q.Consequence of not paying property tax on Ancestor property

Q. Consequence of not paying property tax on Ancestor property

Rahul G

I have a plot in Nagpur. It is a agricultural land and I have build shops & house on that Land. Since it is an ancestor property so there are 7 owners(Brothers & sisters) and each owner has 1000 sqft area.
Now, the problem is we have verbally agreed to divide the land in 7 equal parts however, few of the owners are not ready to document this in stamp paper.
1) Can you let me know what is the process & documents required to file the tax on this land ?
2) Can i file tax only on plot i.e 1000 sqft aread ?
3)What are the consequence if the tax is not paid and for building shops & house on agriculture land ?

A. Dear client better to act quickly before the authorities take action under the relevant section of the Act.

Deepak Bade

A. approach the nagpur distt admin. for the same but you have show them papers and you have to satisfy them that 1000 sqft area is in your name . For details, pl. contact some advocate through vidhikarya.com

A. There is drive for collection of Municipal Taxes in Maharashtra, better to act quickly before the authorities take action under the relevant section of the Act.Contact a Local Expert lawyer from Vidhikarya panel to take up the issue on all aspects to protect your interest.

First get legally transfer your share of property in your name otherwise entire property will be attached for not paying the taxes. File a civil suit for partition.
For full procedure contact me through Vidhikarya.

View {{count[3]}} Reply

Rahul G

what if other owners are not ready for partition?
what will happen if tax is not paid? Do NMC demolish the house or do they impose fine or sieze the propert.

A. Pl contact a local expert for the same.

ARPIT BATRA