Q. Mahuwa

Arush Raje

Q.Mahuwa
as we all know Mahuwa wine production is illegal in our country since decades..... but can one start export oriented Mahuwa wine production plant in India ?....is there any chance which will allow to do so?
and if an foreign company brings Mahuwa wine in Indian market which is produced abroad, so is this allowed or is this legal?

A. ) dear client no dealing is allowed if the the same is banned.. For details, contact some advocate through vidhikarya.com

A. ) Dear client kindly get clarification from excise department .but overall it's illegal to make liqueur from Mahuva.

A. ) Dear sir it is illegal in our country. Only some community are permitted to make it . But not business purposes. Country made wine banned by government of India

Arush Raje

I know it is illegal to produce mahua wine and sell it commercially but my question is , is there any way I can deal with this Bann like I will just start production for export purpose only, I mean it is banned in India to produce and sell mahua wine but what if I produce in India and not sell in Indian market I will export it......or I will start an unit abroad and export the wine to India...so is there any act of breaking related laws in this process?

Arush Raje

my question is can I start an export oriented unit in India?
Can I import mahua wine from abroad to sell it in India?

Get clarifications in Excise department.

A. ) Dear Client,
Frankly speaking I failed to understand your question.
What exactly do you want to know or get clarified?
Please refer to your first sentence.................
Tribals are allowed to brew their liquor for social and religious purposes( e.g. marriage ceremony, death rituals etc.).Mahua flower is a seasonal one.You get them only for 4 and half months.If you see a tree and try to know the years it takes to get matured and to give you flower, you will come to know that this is not a viable project. Mahua is seen only in South Asian Countries and I am not sure in other countries.
The other part you have asked is related to law.
It all depends on in which segment you want to step in , do you want to import liquor, or manufacture , or you want to do distribution etc . make your position very clear. You can start a liquor business in india you need to approach the concerned state Government for the land and other things like sanction of licencing, registration for taxation and other things ,most probably the Industries ministry and department of excise.
First study the prerequisite and legal requirement. If it is feasible for you then hire the expert and get it done. In case you need the Service get it through Vidhikarya.com
Shanti Ranjan Behera,Advocate

Arush Raje

My question is, can I start an export oriented commercial mahua wine production plant in India?
and can I import Mahua wine from abroad to sell it in Indian market? because commercial production of mahua wine is banned in our country.....

Dear Client,
You need to talk to the Ministry dealing with Imports and Exports of Government of India or your State Government or the State Government where you would like to locate your Industry.
Second question, Same Ministry will answer this question as well.
My opinion.. Mohua flower is unique to some states of Eastern India and some areas of Chhatisgarh and Andhra Pradesh close to Sothern Odisha. In other states presence is almost nil.
Shanti Ranjan Behera,Advocate

Arush Raje

concern ministry says commercial production of mahua wine is banned.... actually I know it is illegal to produce mahua wine and sell it commercially but my question is , is there any way I can deal with this Bann like I will just start production for export, I mean it is banned in India to produce and sell mahua wine but what if I produce in India and not sell in Indian market I will export it......and or I will set up a plant in Nepal, Bhutan or Myanmar and export to India...so is there any act of breaking concern laws in this process?

Dear Client,
I am not the right person to answer your question.
Sorry. Let us stop the dialogue here.
I am not willing to discuss the laws which are against the interest of the nation.