Q. Domain name and trademark

Anonymous

Q.Domain name and trademark
Hello sir, I have got a trademark registered of my company. I own the ".in " domain as well. But the " .com" domain is been owned by a company but they dont use it and dont wanna use it as well. I tried asking them, and even told them that i am fine dealing it in monetary base. But they refused to give. As per what information i have got, they are waiting for my company to become a big one. And demand a huge amount.

Please advice me if there is anything legal i can do. Is cyber squatting legal in india ??

A. ) dear client in your case Cyber squatting is illegal in India and you may send notice for the same and also may initiate criminal proceeding

Prashant Jaiswal

A. ) Cyber squatting is illegal in India and you may send notice for the same and also may initiate criminal proceeding

Taran Dwivedi

A. ) Legally you can not do anything. As that domain name has been bought by them and they are paying for it. So, legally its their property and hence depends on their wish if they want to sell or not. All you can do is to appoint a good mediator who can negotiate for you smartly..