90,000+ Legal Questions Answered

Student Right Student Right

1 year ago

My school is continuously threatening me to remove from school for not getting a haircut ?? What are the student rights. This problem is with me (a boy) and my sister (a girl)

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

You may approach directly to the High Court and get a stay order against the school authorities and also prefer complaints before BEO and other higher authorities including Minister for Education.

A.Hereinbelow mentined some of the constitutional rights of students in India which include:
Right to freedom of speech and expressions (Article-19)
Right to equality (Article - 14)
Right to education (Article 21-A)
As per your concern I will be focusing more on the Right to Life under Article 21 of the Constitution of India, It states students should not be subjected to corporal punishment in schools.
Also, some of the important guidelines that schools need to follow include:
No punishment to students who fall under the age group of 14 years
Corporal punishment in schools should not lead to physical injury of the student
If a student is expelled from one school, he should not be denied admission in another school
No student should receive education which is not free from any kind of fear.

question iconHarrased by community members
Dear Client, I understand your concerns regarding the discrimination you are facing in your apartment complex regarding your tuition classes. Firstly, it's important to note that as a private tutor co...
question iconMentally heresment
Dear Client, After the death of your husband, you have certain rights as his widow under Indian laws. As the legal heir and occupant of your husband's house, you have the right to manage and dispose o...
question iconMental harassment
Dear Client, Given your situation, it's crucial to assess your legal rights and options carefully. As a married woman involved in an extramarital affair with a married man who has now cut off contact,...
question iconIssue of TC
Dear Client, Under Indian law, specifically the guidelines issued by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and various State Education Departments, it is illegal for schools to charge exorbi...
question iconChild abuse
Dear client, First you have to Keep a record of all communications, including emails, messages, and notes from phone calls. This documentation will be useful if you need to intensify the issue. Next y...