Q. About Informing to Bank

Anonymous

My Father passed away a month ago...
10days back I have applied for death certificate.... Now I must inform to bank where my father kept FD and maintained his account ? Or I need to contact the bank after receiving the death certificate ?

A. If you go to the bank without the birth certificate they will simply freeze the account so better suggested that you go with the death certificate and then discuss the process of getting the amount transferred to your name and account.

You must approach the bank now itself and see that no transaction is made till death certificate is received by you and thereafter you can claim FD amount or better you get it transferred in your name as a legal heir of your father.

A. U will need death certificate as well as succession certificate. It will be mandatory

After obtaining the Death Certificate, you need to submit the Death Certificate to the Bank. If your Father mentioned any Nominee name at the time of Bank Account Opening/ FD than no need of Family Legal Heir Certificate, otherwise you need to obtain the Succession Certificate from Court or from MRO office if you are Father is Govt.Employee.

Note: Consult Advocate for full and clear suggestion on this, as you have not mentioned total information here.

Srinivas B

A. Dear Client,
1.First, inform the Bank about the death of your father and also the date on which you have applied for the death certificate.
2.As soon as death certificate is available you apply for legal heir certificate to the competent authority of your state.
3.As soon as legal heir certificate is available go to the bank along with other legal heirs if needed or otherwise the Nominee will get the FD kept in the Bank by your father.But, you have to deposit a copy of the death certificate and also legal heir certificate and your ID proof,residence proof etc.
4.In case of difficulty get in touch or fix up a consultation through vidhikarya.com