ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Fd closer
Administrative Law (456)
Adoption (122)
Advertising (53)
Animal Laws (40)
Arbitration and Mediation (40)
Aviation (15)
Banking (572)
Bankruptcy and Debt (189)
Cheque Bounce (415)
Child Custody (159)
Civil (2081)
Commercial (78)
Consumer Protection (577)
Contracts and Agreements (478)
Corporate and Incorporation (101)
Criminal (1625)
Customs, Excise (40)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (338)
Debt and Lending Agreement (79)
Debt Collection (169)
Divorce (575)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (309)
Domestic Violence (604)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (23)
Employment and Labour (1116)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1973)
Financial Markets and Services (93)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (272)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (57)
Insurance (81)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (106)
International Laws (12)
IT Contracts (50)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (611)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (18)
Maternity (61)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (15)
Motor Accident (138)
Muslim Laws (60)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (63)
Police Laws (64)
Power of Attorney (75)
Privacy (92)
Property (2908)
Real Estate (409)
Registration (137)
RTI (111)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (142)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (26)
Tax-Property Tax (31)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (22)
Transportation (59)
Trust and Society (NGO) (86)
Will (142)
Work Permits (33)

Q. Fd closer

Placeholder image

Swati Wadekar

posted 6 months ago

Husband has fd of Rs 8.30 lakh with nominee as his father. Can wife claim the money?
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. Dear Madam,
Nominee is only a trustee and is not entitled for such amount and he has to distribute the said maturity amount among the legal heirs of the said husband.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through Vidhikarya.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. If Ur husband alive then on issues. If no more then you can claim

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rameshwar Dadhe

Experience: 2 Year(s)

Responded 6 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Ms. Wadekar,
The answer is No as Father is the nominee.
Wife can not claim the money.
Wife can claim other things after the death of her husband.
Shanti Ranjan Behera

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shanti Ranjan Behera

Experience: 22 Year(s)

Responded 6 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us