ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Information regarding ccl
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1943)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (547)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1045)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1850)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2735)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Information regarding ccl

Placeholder image


posted 4 months ago

Hi, I am working in a government organisation since 12 years. I have a 3years old kid, we are a nuclear family and we both spouses are working. As we don’t have anyone other then us to look after our son, so we can’t work in same hours, because one of us have to be with kid at one time.The problem is that, at my work place my controlling authority is neither giving me ccl nor adjusting whit my working shifts(as I have shift job), however I am entitled for 730 days ccl in my entire job duration until my child will turn 18 years old. Kindly suggest the needful.
Thank you
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. Dear Client,
Single fathers working in the Central Punjab and Haryana high court has held that a woman employee can't be denied leave if shortage of staff in the department is due to government's fault. ... Contesting her petition, the state government submitted that CCL shall only be granted if it does not disrupt the functioning of the department concerned.
government have been handed some good news ahead of the New Year.
Heeding the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission, the Central government has now allowed paid child care leave (CCL) to single fathers of dependent children for a total of 730 days during their entire period of service - a provision that previously applied to women only.
Shanti Ranjan Behera

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shanti Ranjan Behera

Experience: 22 Year(s)

Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir
The Labor is to enlarged to fit the needs of present situations. Fight legally

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Mam, as per your query.

CCL cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
The gazette notification used by the finance department says that a woman may be granted CCL for a maximum period of 2yrs during her entire service for taking care of her two [eldest surviving sons]. For their needs like examination, sickness etc.
The notification also says that the leave sanctioning authority has all the right to deny such CCL leave applied by the woman on the grounds of the proper & smooth working of the govt office & achievement of departmental targets.
A woman applicant applying for CCL shall have to submit certificate issued by the educational institution or the Doctors Certificate if she is applying for CCL on the grounds of education or sickness.
The CCLs will be treated like the privilege leave & sanctioned
The intention of the Pay Commission in recommending Child Care Leave for women employees was to facilitate women employees to take care of their children at the time of need. However, this does not mean that CCL should disrupt the functioning of Central Government offices. The nature of this leave was envisaged to be the same as that of earned leave.

In my Opinion Mam, You should have a talk with your controlling authority & explain the necessity of you CCL demands as your child is at a very tender age where he needs you. Also, if they pay no heed to that you can always file a case against t hem seeking remedy from the court & demand your CCL. Though CCL is not a matter of right but the whole concept of introducing CCL was to make sure that female employees be there in the time of need when their children need it the most. If the core essence of this concept is not justified then it is useless.

Hope this helped.
Shreyash Mohta

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shreyash Mohta

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us