Q. Religion

Issas diop

Q.Religion
Sir recently I converted my religion to Christianity prior to that I was a hindu and belonged from a Schedule Caste Community and used reservation to get a job.Since now I am a christian now will it effect my future or should I leave my job which I got as a SC?

A. ) Yes sir it will affect on Ur right

A. ) Dear Mr.Issas diop,
Since you have converted from Scheduled Caste to Christianity presumably your Church might have followed the law of the land.Christianity is again divided in to Catholics and Protestants. Please check if you have applied to the District Authorities,have obtained due permission, conversion taken place as per the traditions and customs of the church and religion and there after duly entered in the Register of the Church which you will belong to from now on wards. Since you have accepted the religion means you have discarded the old one and from now you will be governed by the present religion, rules, regulations, customs etc.
The other part, if you have the Government job then you have to inform the Authorities as well failing which you might be in trouble in later date.
From now onwards you will be loosing your rights as a Scheduled Caste Reservation. This is simple and present law.

A. ) Sir, as per your query,Indian Reservation system is a caste based and not religion based. More precisely it is meant for scheduled castes and tribes and for the backward castes in the Hindu religion (though reservation for lower castes in other religion is available in some states) .

While you are free to convert to any religion you desire for whatever reason, you cannot change your caste. Your caste is determined by your birth. Your father's caste is your caste . You cannot change your caste .
Sir, you do not have to leave your job as you are free to change your religion but the caste is a mark of birth which cannot be changed no matter how many times you change your religion. Also it will no t affect your future course of living.

Hope this helped.
Shreyash Mohta.

There will be problem for you since you converted into Christian community. You may avail personally meeting with any advocate of Vidhikarya.