ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1943)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (547)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1045)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1850)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2735)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Religion

Placeholder image

Issas diop

posted 4 months ago

Sir recently I converted my religion to Christianity prior to that I was a hindu and belonged from a Schedule Caste Community and used reservation to get a job.Since now I am a christian now will it effect my future or should I leave my job which I got as a SC?
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 4 of 4 Responses

A. Yes sir it will affect on Ur right

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rameshwar Dadhe

Experience: 2 Year(s)

Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Mr.Issas diop,
Since you have converted from Scheduled Caste to Christianity presumably your Church might have followed the law of the land.Christianity is again divided in to Catholics and Protestants. Please check if you have applied to the District Authorities,have obtained due permission, conversion taken place as per the traditions and customs of the church and religion and there after duly entered in the Register of the Church which you will belong to from now on wards. Since you have accepted the religion means you have discarded the old one and from now you will be governed by the present religion, rules, regulations, customs etc.
The other part, if you have the Government job then you have to inform the Authorities as well failing which you might be in trouble in later date.
From now onwards you will be loosing your rights as a Scheduled Caste Reservation. This is simple and present law.
Shanti Ranjan Behera

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shanti Ranjan Behera

Experience: 22 Year(s)

Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Sir, as per your query,Indian Reservation system is a caste based and not religion based. More precisely it is meant for scheduled castes and tribes and for the backward castes in the Hindu religion (though reservation for lower castes in other religion is available in some states) .

While you are free to convert to any religion you desire for whatever reason, you cannot change your caste. Your caste is determined by your birth. Your father's caste is your caste . You cannot change your caste .
Sir, you do not have to leave your job as you are free to change your religion but the caste is a mark of birth which cannot be changed no matter how many times you change your religion. Also it will no t affect your future course of living.

Hope this helped.
Shreyash Mohta.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shreyash Mohta

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir,
There will be problem for you since you converted into Christian community. You may avail personally meeting with any advocate of Vidhikarya.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through Vidhikarya.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us