ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Visa violations.
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1938)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (544)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (543)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1844)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (253)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2731)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (133)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Visa violations.

Placeholder image


posted 4 months ago

Dear sir,
(1) Can foreigners with any visa indulg in evangelism / proselytism ?
(2) How to trace the nationality and type of visa of a foreigners ?
(3) To whom should I make complaint if I feel that visa norms violated ?
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 4 of 4 Responses

A. Dear Mr. GVSai Kumar,
1.Ref your question No 1... There are different types of VISAs available to different people.So before lodging a complain you need to see the type. For example one has a Tourist VISA and the other has a Work Permit.
2.Re your question No 2. That is not your job.Your job is to inform the Authorities.There are specially trained officers to handle the job which you are telling.
3.Ref your question No 3. Now you have asked the right question.
Go to the Office of Superintendent of Police(SP)
There is a Office Inside called DIB District Intelligence Bureau (DIB) That Office handles this work.
Go with your identity Card and lodge complaint.
In case of difficulty get in touch with me through and I will tell you the next step.
Shanti Ranjan Behera

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shanti Ranjan Behera

Experience: 22 Year(s)

Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. U can file complaint against them in cp office

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rameshwar Dadhe

Experience: 2 Year(s)

Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir,
You can lodge complaint with nearest police station or Commissioner of Police.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through Vidhikarya.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Laws on proselytizing vary state to state. There are laws restricting religious conversion in seven of the 29 states: Arunachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan. Six of these states enforce the laws.
However, a foreigner with a tourist visa [is explicitly] denied to indulge himself into proselytism. Such an act is violative of Visa rules/regulations and thus render themselves to action under the Foreigners Act, 1946. State Governments are required to keep a watch on the activities of such foreigners and as and when any foreigner coming on tourist visa is found indulging himself in religious activities/Tabligh work, action should be taken against him under the Foreigners Act and he should be deported to the country of his origin under the powers already delegated to the State Govts.

As for your Second Question
It is difficult to trace the nationality and type of visa but the bulk of the population are either allowed on Tourist Visa or on Entry (X) Visa or Employment Visa.

As for your Third Question
If you feel that the visa norms are violated then you can complain to the following people.

1. Ministry of Home Affairs OR 2. The Foreign Regional Registration Office [of the city] OR 3. Both

Hope this helped.
Shreyash Mohta

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shreyash Mohta

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us