Q. Poor service from Movers and Packers

Kiran Sahoo

Q.Poor service from Movers and Packers
I took service from movers and packers to transfer household items from Bangalore to Pune. They told me to deliver it within 3 days. But it's close to a week and I have not received my items. I am not able to reach them also and they are avoiding my call. I have already paid 90% of their service fees. It's so much of mental harassment for me. Can I do anything in this case for this kind of service providers?

Thanks,
Kiran

A. ) Dear Sir
You can do lot of things against them. Get issue a strong legal notice and so on.

A. ) all said, go by the advice of the learned counsel

A. ) U should approach to the nearest police station and register your complaint against them immediately

Ask somebody in Bangalore to go to their office and check up the latest position.
Lodge a Police Complaint.
After receiving the materials file a Consumer Case.

Kiran Sahoo

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your response. I called them again and finally they told that they will deliver the materials today itself. I am not
sure if they will really do that. Also I am worried about the condition in which I will get my items. I have few queries if you can answer it will be a great help.
1. I want to file a consumer case once I receive the material and get all my money refunded (around 26k). Can I get the refund for poor service ? What evidence I should give to strengthen my case.

2. As I have not opted for insurance , can I claim for any damaged item? I have mail communication for all the payments and quotation etc. What else should I take care?
3.Should I hire a lawyer to fight the case. Will that be too much expensive?

Thanks again for your response.
Regards,
Kiran

Dear Sir,
1.You have the right to file a claim for poor service and quality of service,You can file a consumer case.
2.You can not get the full refund. You may get some money back. you have to fight for it.
3.Date, time of delivery along with condition of items.You can claim for damage,breakage,etc.Keep some items along with the signature of the Truck driver etc, vehicle details who is going to deliver the goods which you had booked.
4.Since you have not opted for insurance you will be loosing some amount.
5.Consumer Court cases can be handled by you with little orientation and training.
Drafting, submitting and attending the court dates will certainly cost you money.how much can not be said as there is no standard rate like Uber or OLA or Bata.