Call Back Request
+91-7604047602 Legal Blog For Students Free Legal Advice Lawyer Login

Q. Re registration of old vehicles

Pankaj Gupta

Q.Re registration of old vehicles
Sir
It is a very welcome step by NGT in its efforts to reduce pollution levels everywhere and specially NCR. Reducing vehicular pollution is also a part of it, but one thing I fail to understand the help it will get by banning of 10 years old diesel and 15 years old petrol vehicles. The age of car has no significant impact on pollution as to the period it has run. A taxi car may clock same mileage in 3 years and cause more pollution in balance years of its allowed life, which a private car may not have clocked in 15 years. By banning all vehicles without looking into the actual period run by them does not make much sense. Also, many of such vehicles need to have only their pollution causing element – the engine, replaced or rectified.
My question is that if I replace a new diesel or petrol engine in my old diesel car ( which is over 10 years old and can not be used in Delhi NCR), which has got good chassis. Is there any provision available under MV Act to re- register such vehicles for a further period of 5/10/15 years further after engine replacement?

A. ) Dear Mr Pankaj Gupta,
There are two options before you.
Either obey or Protest.When the question of protest comes init has to be legal and bring th people to your side.Start a Campaign.make all efforts to win.

Your concept is seems to be logically but the decision of the Central Government in amending the Motor Vehicles Rules needs to be challenged by filing PIL. If successful then it will be helpful to so many citizens in India. It will be a historical and landmark judgment.

Pankaj Gupta

Replied 1 year ago

Sir
Thanks for your response. Before proceeding further, I would like to know the expenses required to file a PIL in Supreme Court in this case. Also, the approximate time taken to get the decision. Please let me know if it would be possible to file a PIL on my behalf.

Pankaj Gupta

Replied 1 year ago

Sir Thanks for your response. Before proceeding further, I would like to know the expenses required to file a PIL in Supreme Court in this case. Also, the approximate time taken to get the decision. Please let me know if it would be possible for you to file a PIL on my behalf.

Download the Clients App on

7604047602
505-A, Terminus Building,
Newtown, Action Area I,
Kolkata 700156

Certified by Startup India, DPIIT

startUpIndia

Payment secured by :

PayUMoney PayPal net banking
visa master maestro